News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Northern Electric N14M Dial

Started by poplar1, May 13, 2012, 10:20:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

poplar1

I recently acquired a Northern Electric N293G wall set.  It is equipped with a Northern N14M dial. Is this the correct dial for this set and was it also used on the N50AL desk stand? What are the years of manufacture for this model phone and this model dial?

David Willingham
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

wds

What a nice phone!  Good catch.

Dave

Doug Rose

David....I was watching this auction. I loved the dial as well. i think you got a great phone.....Doug
Kidphone

sebbel

I was given exactly that phone but a little frankenstein'ed. If there any chance any one can identify the transmitter mount on it? Mine was stripped of it and I can't replace it as I don't know what it is. Looks different from anything I own.
Seb.

DavePEI

Quote from: poplar1 on May 13, 2012, 10:20:45 AM
I recently acquired a Northern Electric N293G wall set.  It is equipped with a Northern N14M dial. Is this the correct dial for this set and was it also used on the N50AL desk stand? What are the years of manufacture for this model phone and this model dial?

David Willingham

These phones were supplied without dial, according to the catalogue. They only had a cover over where the dial would go.

So, depending on what dial was installed by the operating company it could have almost anything on it.

"The dial or apparatus blank used with the Automatic Sets is not included as part of the set and must be specified additionally." - NE

This was common with NE, as they expected their customers to install dials of the same manufacture as their switch. Therefore you will find NE, AE, Siemens dials, depending on the local operating company. The same was done with Uniphones - the reason they may be found with a number of different dials.

Note: The difference between N1293 and N293 is insignificant.

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001