News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

CRPF hits 100,000 Posts!

Started by AE_Collector, June 27, 2013, 12:55:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE_Collector

Everyone in the back seat lean forward and watch the odometer. It is about to hit 99,999 and then roll over to 100,000. One hundred thousand posts on CRPF that is. It is at 99,981 this evening and will roll over tomorrow.

Here is a copy of the "Forum Stats" indicator on the home page....AKA the odometer.

Total Topics: 8856      Total Posts: 99981
Latest Post: "Re: Find of the Month - ..." (Today at 09:24:03 PM)
View the most recent posts on the forum.
[More Stats]    Total Members: 1273
Latest Member: davewatkins

Are we there yet??

Terry

twocvbloke

Quote from: AE_Collector on June 27, 2013, 12:55:08 AMAre we there yet??

I can just see it now......

"If you don't stop saying that I'll turn this forum around and we'll all go home!!!"

Are we there yet? ;D

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Phonesrfun

Based on when I joined, in May of 2009, I calculate I have been here for all but 12,860 of the posts!  (give or take)   ;D
-Bill G

Dennis Markham

That IS pretty remarkable!  It's great to have everyone talking telephones!.  Thanks everyone.  I'll bet the next 100,000 comes quicker.

AE_Collector

Bill:

Doing the math to come to that conclusion, did you allow for the fact that obviously there would have been a lot less activity in the early days (the ones that you weren't here for) when there weren't too many members? You were probably really "here" for more than 90,000 of the posts.

That said, when you look at the stats from each month there was a surprising level of activity right from the get go. Some of the early posts were sort of "Wow, I just scored a 1984 Black 500" though.

Other things will never change "Just got an AE (Insert Model Number here) but the bells wont ring."   :)

I guess what I am trying to say is that we have come a LONG WAY in under 5 years making the CRPF a very credible antique telephony resource for a great many people.

Terry

Dennis Markham

Credit needs to be given to the Forum Founder, Mark Stevens.  He had a vision for a Rotary Phones Forum and created it based upon his idea.  Several of us that were here for the start never dreamed that it would evolve to what it has become in such a short time.  I'm really proud to be associated with all of you and this Forum.  Thank you everyone!

I will drop a line to Mark and let him know of our milestone.  He may already be aware of it as he checks in from time to time.

Thanks Mark!

Greg G.

Ok, I found the "odometer" down at the bottom, where I hardly ever look.  But at the top it says I've been logged on for a total of 40 days, 15 hours and 21 minutes.

I also appreciate the software used here, never have a problem loading it even on my smart phone.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Doug Rose

Quote from: Dennis Markham on June 27, 2013, 07:54:18 PM
That IS pretty remarkable!  It's great to have everyone talking telephones!.  Thanks everyone.  I'll bet the next 100,000 comes quicker.
Imagine a place where you can post a picture of your telephone. Get information on it. Have a group help you to get it to work. Find a part you needed. Be nice to our fellow collectors. Everyone is treated the same from newbie to experienced collector. It seems like such a simple idea.  

Other groups tried, but they forgot what the group was about. No one talked about old telephones anymore, even though that is what the group was about. Sort of like listening to sports radio and they talk politics.

Dennis you hit a home run here and we are indebted to you. You done good!....Doug
Kidphone

Phonesrfun

Quote from: AE_Collector on June 27, 2013, 07:57:23 PM
Bill:

Doing the math to come to that conclusion, did you allow for the fact that obviously there would have been a lot less activity in the early days (the ones that you weren't here for) when there weren't too many members? You were probably really "here" for more than 90,000 of the posts.

That said, when you look at the stats from each month there was a surprising level of activity right from the get go. Some of the early posts were sort of "Wow, I just scored a 1984 Black 500" though.

Other things will never change "Just got an AE (Insert Model Number here) but the bells wont ring."   :)

I guess what I am trying to say is that we have come a LONG WAY in under 5 years making the CRPF a very credible antique telephony resource for a great many people.

Terry

HAHAHA

Remember, I am the resident accountant.  I added each month's posts from Sept 2008 to April, 2009 and then added the daily post count for May 1 through the 13th.
-Bill G

AE_Collector

Holy Carp! I knew that I should have given you credit for doing more than dividing the total by the number of months etc! Good job!

But can you find your car keys....or the TV remote!

Terry

Phonesrfun

Quote from: AE_Collector on June 27, 2013, 10:43:33 PM
Holy Carp! I knew that I should have given you credit for doing more than dividing the total by the number of months etc! Good job!

But can you find your car keys....or the TV remote!

Terry

Those both routinely present challenges.
-Bill G

JorgeAmely

Does the 100,000th poster get a present? Thank you note? Old phone? Something?  ??? ??? ???
Jorge

AE_Collector

A badly discoloured Dawn Gray AE80?

I didn't manage to see who made the 100,000 post. I knew it would happen while I was out today but I did check at one point and noted that 100,001 posts had Been made at that point in time so it was too late to check the "most recent post" on the stats page for the post number 100,000.

Terry

WesternElectricBen

Hey, we can never be sure who was the 100,000th poster and I post alot, and it's my birthday, so it's pretty safe to say it was probably me... HAHAHAHAHAHA
Ben