News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Who made is this??? -> Telcer "BoBo"

Started by Doug Rose, April 25, 2010, 09:47:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I picked this up at a yard sale yesterday. I have never seen this before. It looks like it was designed to look like an airplane, but is not the Northern Electric that was popular in the 70's. This guy is heavy, with bells on the back with a cool carrying handle. Different but need a little work. I have posted it on eBay 290428813797. It is really different looking.....Doug
Kidphone

Jim Stettler

That is a Bobo from Italy. I think they have one in the color picture books. Probably Dooners. Or Jim Davis's novelty phone book.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Wallphone

Jim is correct, it is made in Italy by "Telcer". I have one in the same color that is also missing the center dial cap.
Does anyone know where I can get one? (Besides Italy)
Dougpav

savageje

What a crazy design!  Does anyone know when these were made?

baldopeacock

the bells on the back suggest - something, but maybe because I'm a guy.   But I think it needs a bra.

Dan/Panther

BOP;
It reminds me of a huge person sitting on two stools.
Never the less, hands down the homeliest  phone I've ever seen.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

paul-f

Here's what the dial center part looks like on the phone.  Finding one could be a major challenge. 

If you ask on the conference call tonight, perhaps you can find someone with the capability to make suitable replacements.   ;) ::)
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Doug Rose

Kidphone

Dan/Panther

Quote from: paul-f on April 25, 2010, 01:21:31 PM
If you ask on the conference call tonight, perhaps you can find someone with the capability to make suitable replacements.   ;) ::)

::)
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

paul-f

Or, if he's busy working on some other old phone, here's plan B.

A temporary cosmetic fix is to fill the hole with a number card, computer-generated design or colored paper disk, cut to fit.  You can cover the top with a piece of clear tape, such as packing tape, to give it a shine and stick it on with 2-sided tape.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

savageje

BOP, LOL...I was thinking the same thing, but I thought I'd let someone else say it first.

Jim

LarryInMichigan

Doug,

I see that you decided not to keep the Bobo :(.

Larry

Doug Rose

Larry...its not in the years of phones I collect, so if off to someone Else's collection. I must say, it is definitely a different phone...Doug
Kidphone

Greg G.

There used to be a gorilla named Bobo at the Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle.

http://content.lib.washington.edu/imlsmohai/image/934.jpg
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

LarryInMichigan

QuoteThere used to be a gorilla named Bobo at the Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle.

Apparently, no relation to the Italian phone :D