News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Ericsson Plessyphones - Full colour set

Started by tubaman, May 09, 2022, 05:48:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tubaman

These are hard to find at the best of times, but a full colour set like this is like hens teeth.
I have a beige/green and a black one but would love that purple one!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325180701591

"Collection of 8 1970's Vintage "Plessey Phone" Telephones - Full Colour Range..

A rare opportunity for the serious telephony collector to own a unique collection of 1970's vintage "PLESSEY PHONES"

These instruments were intended to supersede the 706 and 746 types and as can been seen in the last 5 photographs were using basically the same components. Unfortunately after going into full production, with the onset of push button and PSTN they were rendered obsolete before they were ever issued.  A few made it to private exchanges but most were scrapped or exported to the middle east were they were also scrapped.

There are very few of them left in the world. Six of them are New Old Stock in original packaging  They are fitted with PSTN cables but I can't guarantee all of them to be working. There is also a small quantity of N.O.S spares included.

These have laid dormant in my loft for 40+ years and need to go to a new home.

Payment within two days of auction end please. They will be despatched the day following cleared payment. Collection/Viewing at NG15 is also very welcome".

tubaman

Sold for £454 (~US$560), which I think the seller will be very happy with.