News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Photos Vide Grenier

Started by FABphones, June 16, 2018, 04:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FABphones

I know you guys like photos so I thought you might like to see a few taken during this mornings phone hunt.

Nice day, so I took myself off to a Vide Grenier in a small village in France. Similar to a Boot Sale in the UK, but (in my opinion) with much more old tatt.   ;D
These photos are typical of the junk that I sometimes find my phones nestling in.  :)

Unfortunately no luck today. For a moment I thought I might have got lucky when I spotted an Ivory U43 but it was too damaged (see photo). The crack was quite deep and the dial was moving about too. Dated 1954. Seller wanted 15e for it, then asked me what I wanted to pay. Unfortunately, it was worth nothing to me damaged so I left it where it sat.

Other pic shows a couple of Socotels. This is the phone I see all the time, I have what I need of those in my collection so they got left behind as well.

Pic 1 - the approach, Ivory U43 spotted.
Pic 2 - getting a closer look.
Pic 3 - shame  ...damaged!
Pic 4 - Socotels on another sellers table.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

twocvbloke

You could make a bit of money selling those S63s over here in blighty, the wall version is something I rarely spot on ebay UK... :)

FABphones

Quote from: twocvbloke on June 16, 2018, 04:15:30 AM
You could make a bit of money selling those S63s over here in blighty, the wall version is something I rarely spot on ebay UK... :)

Sometimes they want too much for them. Ok if I can pick them up for a couple of euros but the wall phones they want more for. I have one in grey which I will be selling.

Also I don't want to end up with a cupboard full of phones I can't sell. I'm already pushing my luck with the phones I bring home to keep.   ;D
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

countryman

It's not the only one with that crack.
I got a U43 lately and it has a crack in the same place, but not as bad. I glued it today to prevent it from getting worse. It's a neat phone with an Ericsson pedigree. I did not know what it was exactly when I picked it up, and voilá - a U43.