News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE 21 Candlestick without a Subset

Started by liteamorn, March 28, 2012, 10:16:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

liteamorn

I won this AE 21 on ebay the other day for $107. Not being versed in candlesticks everything looked pretty good to me. Does it look like an original? I also won an AE subset for $50 about a hlaf hour later.

There is a slight surface chip on the receiver cup that does not penetrate the entire cup, just on the surface of the inside.

AE_Collector

Looks good from here. You didn't buy one of the two rectangular bakelite AE subsets that a seller had listed seperately did you? He listed them as subsets but they weren't. They were just AE #32 Extension ringers ONLY.

Terry

liteamorn

darn, it might be a ringer box, that is what he called it. This is why I was hesitant to dabble in candlesticks.
I just took it for granted it was a subset, it reminded me (size wise) of my WE 302 conversion subset.
It measures 7"x 5 1/2".

Yep, it is the 32 ringer. I guess I dropped the ball on that one although oldphoneworks did call them subsets on their listing but called it a ringer once I clicked the link.

I guess I have to keep looking for a subset.

AE_Collector

I guess I have deleted the ebaY listings now. Wanted to se who the seller was to confirm. You don't mean that you got them from Old Phone Works do you? The ones I am referring to were on ebaY and the same seller had two of them listed seperately. Had some paint on the edges of each. Sat at $11.5 for a long time and then ended at somewhere arounfd $50 each which surprised me since they were only really extension ringers. The case is identical by the way. There is a full subset version and an Extension ringer only version. Nice case and ringer though (as long as it is a SL ringer) to add a mini network to so that it becomes a full subset.

Terry

liteamorn

Yes, that's the one Terry.
http://tinyurl.com/7oj4hel
Where can I find a mini network? If that is an option I might just do it.
Thanks,
Ed