News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Inside WE 30C Lock

Started by HarrySmith, November 01, 2018, 12:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

I am working with some payphone locks and I thought some might be curious as to what is inside so I decided to take a few pictures. First is of the lock in the open position, next is the locked position. Third is all the leaves stacked up, next is the leaves, all are marked such as A3 & B1 etc.
Finally the key, each part lines up with a leave and moves it a certain distance to allow the key to turn. The very first part of the key goes into a lever (VISIBLE IN SECOND PHOTO) that moves the latch bar.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

RB

Wow! 8 plates. I bet locksmiths have fun with those...

Key2871

Question, why did you Open the lock? Are you trying to make a key?, or are you going to dummie it. Meaning use any payphone lock key to operate it.
I had locks that I had no key for and dummied them, not easy on the vault locks... But I was careful to leave the post as long as possible, so it could be peened with the cover on to hold it closed.
KEN

HarrySmith

It would not turn when I got it. The number on the key matched the number on the lock so I thought something was going on inside. I found a small piece of metal that had jammed it up.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Key2871

Ahh OK. Well put a couple drops of light oil in there to keep things working smooth. I had locks that would act glitchy until I put a little oil, cleared it right up.
KEN