News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Wanted: Clear North Finger Wheels

Started by Doug Rose, June 24, 2022, 02:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Wanted: Clear North Finger wheels that will fit this North Galion or the 541. I could use at least five....thanks...Doug
Kidphone

kleenax

I'm not certain that it's the same fingerwheel Doug. I know they "LOOK" the same, but I'm not sure one would properly fit the other. Have you tried it?
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

Doug Rose

Hey Ray....this is the dial I want the clear finger wheels for....thanks...Doug
Kidphone

JorgeAmely

Try Jeff Webber at the Telephone Museum in Maine.
Jorge

Doug Rose

Kidphone

kleenax

Quote from: Doug Rose on June 25, 2022, 08:54:11 AMHey Ray....this is the dial I want the clear finger wheels for....thanks...Doug
Let me see what I can dig out. At one time, I had a 5-gallon bucket full of North dials. Paul V. was going to scrap them!
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

Doug Rose

Quote from: kleenax on June 26, 2022, 06:09:00 PMLet me see what I can dig out. At one time, I had a 5-gallon bucket full of North dials. Paul V. was going to scrap them!
thanks Ray!
Kidphone

MMikeJBenN27

Quote from: kleenax on June 26, 2022, 06:09:00 PMLet me see what I can dig out. At one time, I had a 5-gallon bucket full of North dials. Paul V. was going to scrap them!

Sorry for butting in, but can I buy one from you?

Michael J. Benardo

kleenax

Certainly!  Just PM me, but I have to find them first.

And for those of you that work on your own dials, I also found some of those little, teeny bakelite "Pawls" that North dials use on the pulse contacts. These sometimes literally fall off or break on North dials making them useless.
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

Doug Rose

Ray...any luck with the clear North Finger wheels?....Doug
Kidphone

kleenax

Quote from: Doug Rose on July 04, 2022, 06:44:49 PMRay...any luck with the clear North Finger wheels?....Doug
Not been to my workshop/house/warehouse in awhile Doug; sorry.  Constance (significant other) had cataract surgery and have been staying with her. Should get over there tomorrow.....
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

Doug Rose

The clear North Finger wheels I am looking for fit this dial....   thanks....Doug
Kidphone