News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Ivory WE 302 1953 (Birth Year)

Started by RDPipes, July 06, 2022, 02:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDPipes

First time I've ever come across Anything manufactured the year I was born (except a car) specially a phone with all dates matching, 1953. I found it on eBay of course but, didn't know it till I received it and got it open.
It was a auction with a Bid $99 or "Make Offer" so the day before the last day of it being up (and no bids yet) I put in an offer for $60 because the case looked so warped and (not to mention the crack) in the photos I thought it only be good for parts. Well she accepted my offer to my surprise and after receiving it, it didn't look at all as it did in the auction and I felt bad I low balled it and won it really but, let's face it, I can't afford to spend a lot of money all the time being on SS and they must not of paid a whole lot for it to accept my offer.
Anywho, here's a few pics of it.

RDPipes

Here's what it looks like, gona try and see what I can do about the crack showing so badly.
Hopefully a good sanding and polish will hide a lot of it.

Jim Stettler

Nice find.
You should submit it to the July 2022 find of the month.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=26338.0

JMO,
JIm
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

RDPipes

Quote from: Jim Stettler on July 06, 2022, 04:46:33 PMNice find.
You should submit it to the July 2022 find of the month.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=26338.0

JMO,
JIm

Thank you sir but, I don't think anybody else is going to really think its all that great because of its esthetic condition. It means something to me only because its my birth year phone so to speak.
And to think I was going to use it as a parts phone and rob the dial out of it, etc. LOL!

oldguy

There is a lot involved picking a winner for find of the month. The fact that it's important to you is a factor (being a birthday phone).I'm a fan of the early 50s color 302s & so are others. It displays well, even with the crack. Being a good deal rates high too. Go for it😀
Gary

MMikeJBenN27

Quote from: RDPipes on July 06, 2022, 04:57:22 PM...I don't think anybody else is going to really think its all that great because of its esthetic condition...
Looks pretty good to me!

Mike

RDPipes

Thank you Gentlemen! I reckon it wouldn't hurt, I just didn't think anyone would be interested.

HarrySmith

Everyone here is intersted. Any 302 other than black is a nice find. Also being a bithrhday  phone. Some people have searched a long time to find one. Definetly worth a post for FOTM>
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

RDPipes

Doug Rose

Quote from: HarrySmith on July 09, 2022, 10:44:42 AMEveryone here is intersted. Any 302 other than black is a nice find. Also being a bithrhday  phone. Some people have searched a long time to find one. Definetly worth a post for FOTM>
I am 12 53 and am always looking for a matching date Birthday phone.....Nice find....Doug
Kidphone

RDPipes

Well, if one is to look at it that way I know all the dates on the phone don't match EXACTLY being the months on two are different. I just felt lucky finding one that was all 1953 being I was born 12/53 ALSO. Close enough for me, besides I aint go that much time to look for one that matches my B-Day exactly before it'll be time to find one matching my expiration date.