News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE 20AB Stick with a Different Watchcase Receiver

Started by Doug Rose, March 22, 2015, 11:17:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I was cleaning this stick today, I decided to take a chance and share it with the Forum. I purchased this when eBay first started from a gentleman in Argentina. You could buy things from other countries back before Postal rates soared. I have never seen a brass cover (like a modern payphone armoured handset cord?) on a watchcase receiver. Marked 524 W. It has a cloth cord underneath. Not sure if it was really supposed to be on the stick, I am sure someone will know;  but it is cool....Doug
Kidphone

Dan/Panther

Is it a reproduction or authentic. Great looking stick, I love the armored cord. Does it appear the base may have been secured to a table at some point ?
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Doug Rose

Dan..Stick is real, I am hoping armored cord is real. I have had it a long time. The base does not look like it was ever secured to a table...Doug
Kidphone

poplar1

It was apparently for use by left-handed people, since the receiver is on the right. What's the model number, if any, on the perch?
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Doug Rose

Kidphone

rdelius

Armoured cord an option on intercom sets.The ones in the lobby not the one in the apt.

Doug Rose

Kidphone

NorthernElectric

Where does the line cord exit?  Looks like the end of the armored receiver cord totally fills the hole.
Cliff

Doug Rose

When I received it there was a cut cloth cord coming out of the opening in the back of the stick where the transmitter meets the shaft. Hmmmm.

I asked the seller and he said it went the the wood box that was on a shelf over the phone on the desk. ...Doug
Kidphone

tallguy58

Hey Doug, that's the world's first cordless phone. :)
Cheers........Bill