News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

cleaning a rotary dial.

Started by AET, April 05, 2009, 01:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AET

I was wondering if it is possible to put a clear rotary dial off a 500 in the dishwasher.
- Tom

Dan

Absolutely, They look great when they come out, I don't let them go through the dry cycle. Throw the cradle plungers in there too.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

AET

Thanks so much.  It's actually a 554, not a 500, my mistake.  I also put the receiver caps in there too.
- Tom

McHeath

Yeah it works well, I've dishwashed a lot of my really grimy phones.  Only once did I have a disaster, I put a yellow modular shell and handset parts in the top rack and they came out badly faded.  Luckily I did not care as it was just a parts phone, but if I had it would have been a sad moment.  Not sure why that one faded and no other one has.

AET

I didn't put the case in as it has a sticker on the side that is badly faded but says something about purchasing and the date, though the date is illegible something about the Wisconsin Phone company can still be made out. 

I put the receiver caps and dial in there and they came out GREAT!  I gotta say. 
- Tom