News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Bwanna, thought you might like this photo.

Started by Dan/Panther, November 25, 2009, 11:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

dsk

Bwanna
I ask my son, would this be something to mom to Xmas: 
http://tinyurl.com/yc6bwnd

He didn't be live that is a good idea.

What do you think?

dsk

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

bwanna

my son's ma would like them ;D  btw....i let you know how cool they are when i get them..  you guys got me hooked on phone earrings now ;)

ps ....dag, i use a ladder :o
donna

dsk

A ladder may be heavy if you are far away from the truck.

Here the roads followed the terrain, and the lines cuts through , over the hills etc.

This ran quite far from the main topic so I have more relevant in
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=1876.15

How did you solve twisted pairs on blank (bare metal) lines?

regards
dsk

bwanna

dag, yes the ladder does get heavy & difficult to maneuver sometimes, but not often. in some of our rural areas the lines are a challenge to reach, but mostly i am in the city.

as far as "climbers", we don't have anything such as you have shown. which look very easy & comfortable to use. our climbers are nothing more than a steel bar strapped to the leg, with a 1 1/2" spur at the heel. climbing this way is very tough on old knees ;) & is very easy to cut out (slide down the pole) :o

did i miss something ???...not sure why the inquiry about twisted pairs.  the copper conductors are either paper insulated or more modern plastic insulated.
donna

HobieSport

-Matt

AET

I prefer irish ones.  This polock digs redheads :)
- Tom

dsk

Quote from: bwanna on December 21, 2009, 06:44:19 PM
dag, yes the ladder does get heavy & difficult to maneuver sometimes, but not often. in some of our rural areas the lines are a challenge to reach, but mostly i am in the city.

as far as "climbers", we don't have anything such as you have shown. which look very easy & comfortable to use. our climbers are nothing more than a steel bar strapped to the leg, with a 1 1/2" spur at the heel. climbing this way is very tough on old knees ;) & is very easy to cut out (slide down the pole) :o

did i miss something ???...not sure why the inquiry about twisted pairs.  the copper conductors are either paper insulated or more modern plastic insulated.

Its only me :'(  Not good enough to express my selves plainly.
I was thinking,  ???  The old poles with insulators, and copper/steel wires. Some pictures linked in my reply here:
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=1876.15

The revolving or twisting of the lines were more complicated with those lines.
Actually we have a few short lines still, listed and protected by the authorities.

Quote from: AtomicEraTom on December 22, 2009, 01:13:21 AM
I prefer irish ones.  This polock digs redheads :)
and
Quote from: HobieSport on December 21, 2009, 07:08:58 PM
Scandinavian Line Women are So Hot.

They are so few, and I like them all :-* especially those with the the right glance in their eyes.

Have a blessed
Christmas

dsk

AET

Ahh yes DSK, I hear ya there.  On top or being parital to redheads, I'm also partial to big blue or green eyes.
- Tom

dsk

I had to hurry to take this, pretty rare these days!
dsk