News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Header

Started by Dan/Panther, December 22, 2013, 08:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

I was honored to have my little saying at the top of the page, now it's gone...
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dennis Markham

It is my plan to get that back there Dan. 

DavePEI

Quote from: Dan/Panther on December 22, 2013, 08:59:13 PM
I was honored to have my little saying at the top of the page, now it's gone...
D/P
Poor Dan:

For what it is worth, I liked it too!

Hopefully it can be put back up!

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Dan/Panther

I love the new look. One thing, I liked the oldest post first, but this will just take some time getting used to.
Now everyone, let's help support Dennis, with a little donation, maybe a buck or two would help out.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

DavePEI

Quote from: Dan/Panther on December 22, 2013, 09:18:05 PM
I love the new look. One thing, I liked the oldest post first, but this will just take some time getting used to.
Of course that is something you can change by editing your profile. It is only the default which is changed - you can specify in your profile which you want, i.e. oldest post first, or last.

Dave H.
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

TelePlay

As of right now, it's back, sort of.

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device, and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them. - Dan/Panther"

Looks like Dave is up early tweaking the system. We are fortunate to have him helping us out in this upgrade.

Dave Zemens

@Dan: Your quote is back in place at the top right of the header.

Did you figure out how to change your profile configuration so the posts are in the order you prefer?
Dave Zemens
1955 Design | Rochester, Michigan
Website Design & Development
Custom WordPress Themes & Plugins

Phonesrfun

Oldest first, .... really?

Until I found the newest first option, I hated having to scroll through post after post of stuff I had already read.  Especially a very active topic/thread.  Remember D/P's "now the story can be told...?"  When that one was going on, it was like keeping up with a live major sporting event.

Some people apparently did not know that newest first was ever an option.  Instead of referring to something someone had said in a previous or earlier post, some would refer to a post "above", while to us newest first folks, it was actually displayed below.

Unless anyone really hates the newest first, I would actually recommend trying it for a day or two.  You can always change it back.
-Bill G

WesternElectricBen

At first I did not like the newest first, I still don't love it, but it is growing on me.

Ben

Dennis Markham

When I switched (couple of years ago) I figured I'd be changing it back.  No way.  I much prefer to have the newest post at the top.  Ben, you do know that you can change it if you don't like newest at the top, don't you?

HarrySmith

I switched mine soon after joining, I questioned Dennis about having to scroll through allthe stuff I a;ready read and he instructed me on how to switch it. Makes things much faster & easier ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

unbeldi

Quote from: Dave Zemens on December 23, 2013, 12:04:23 PM
@Dan: Your quote is back in place at the top right of the header.

Did you figure out how to change your profile configuration so the posts are in the order you prefer?
I don't know what purpose that serves, another space consuming header.

HarrySmith

It doesn't take much space and it's a cool quote ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dennis Markham

Quote from: unbeldi on December 23, 2013, 02:54:23 PM
I don't know what purpose that serves, another space consuming header.

I guess the purpose it serves is that it adds a little character to the Forum.  But that's just my opinion.

m1898

Cars and trucks used to be simple too, until the guberment got into the act (yes I know I spelled government wrong. It was done to see who was awake, and to give the spell checker fits) I like Dan's saying. I have oldest posts first so that If I print the post it's easier to figure out. Just my 2cents.               Jim
"Oh lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, I get better looking each day"