News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Header

Started by Dan/Panther, December 22, 2013, 08:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

I would actually prefer if that quote was up on top, maybe incorporated into the blue CRPF header ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Quote from: Dennis Markham on December 23, 2013, 04:22:35 PM
Quote from: unbeldi on December 23, 2013, 02:54:23 PM
I don't know what purpose that serves, another space consuming header.

I guess the purpose it serves is that it adds a little character to the Forum.  But that's just my opinion.
Well Dennis, your opinion does count. It is your Forum. I think you should be proud with your name above the title. Very cool....you have done amazing work on The Forum. There is no Telephone club that is better and in only Five years! You have set the bar high. You deserve it! ...Doug
Kidphone

m1898

Doug, well said.  Jim
"Oh lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, I get better looking each day"

Phonesrfun

When it comes to the relative size of the header to the screen, I believe we are now ok.  I am away from home for Christmas, and am "confined" to the use of my iPad.  On the iPad, the header takes up most of a screen, and then I scroll down from there.

Compared to other forums, however, our is pretty small.  Recently I have done some searches for answers to a Ford Mustang question.  There are several Ford Mustang forums.  All of those forums take up more space just for the headers than this forum.

Since there are probably thousands of format combination possibilities, I am surprised that the forum software can handle all the possibilities.

So, in other words, good job!
-Bill G

AE_Collector

Quote from: Phonesrfun on December 23, 2013, 12:20:20 PM
Until I found the newest first option, I hated having to scroll through post after post of stuff I had already read.  Especially a very active topic/thread.

I think there are many who don't realize that you can click the "New" button to go directly to the first post in a topic that you haven't yet read. I discovered that long ago and it somewhat makes the "newest first / oldest first" decision irrelevant.

Terry

Contempra

Since I suscribed, that is what I do..I click on " NEW "soooooo simple !...okay the first time i came here on this forum, I looked all thread..lot of stuff oh yes !.. now its " NEW ' at each time that i come here. ;)

Phonesrfun

My default is to always stay logged in and my default page is to go to new unread postssince last visit.
-Bill G