News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

New Old Trimline

Started by MagicMo, June 20, 2013, 10:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicMo

I am trying to write a description for this new old  trimline and did some reading on the forum. I came across a "C" stock topic by Poplar1 and learned that if it was marked "C" it was refurbished by WE. I would like someone to take a look at this phone and make sure because it sure looks brand spanking new.
Thanks
Mo
Practice Kindness :)

McHeath

Looks refurbed to me, at least the base.  It has the tell tale stickers.  The handset is harder to tell, but it certainly may be as well.  I'd have to open it up and look at the markings on the inside, or see if it has the adaptor for the newer smaller connectors installed.  If it does that's a sure sign it was refurbed.  Was it painted?

Jim Stettler

The base is a refurb. It has the modular base plate adaptor vs a modular base plate.

Handset is hard to determine.

All sq button trimlines have the mini mod cords,
Round button trimlines will have fat mod cords, fat to mini adaptors, or a "fat" mini mod mounted on the board which will fill the cord hole.
The board mounted mini mods came out  around the early 1980's I think.  The fat mod sets were never discontinued until after the break-up.
JMO,
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

poplar1

Mo, it won't say "C stock" or "C" anywhere. If the model number on the box is in green ink, then that is a remanufactured item. If you open the handset, there may be a white sticker inside similar to the one on the back of the AC2P. Often, WE used new plastic and cords when reissuing a phone.

The "C" in 2220C is part of the part number for the handset. 2220B=round button and incandescent lamp, 2220C=square button and LED.

2220C + AP2= 2224 or R2224-56 (yellow refurb)
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

MagicMo

Quote from: poplar1 on June 21, 2013, 05:22:29 PM
Mo, it won't say "C stock" or "C" anywhere. If the model number on the box is in green ink, then that is a remanufactured item. If you open the handset, there may be a white sticker inside similar to the one on the back of the AC2P. Often, WE used new plastic and cords when reissuing a phone.

The "C" in 2220C is part of the part number for the handset. 2220B=round button and incandescent lamp, 2220C=square button and LED.

2220C + AP2= 2224 or R2224-56 (yellow refurb)

w

Thanks! Sometimes I need a little extra "splainin".
Mo

Jim Stettler

You can usually find the date on the handset by removing the screw cover (carefully, w/ a paperclip) and peering at the board.
Care needs to be taken replacing the screw cover because they are easy to snap. I usually put them in a glass of warm water for 1-2 minutes and then pop them back in.
JMO,

Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

MagicMo

Quote from: Jim S. on June 21, 2013, 08:48:49 PM
You can usually find the date on the handset by removing the screw cover (carefully, w/ a paperclip) and peering at the board.
Care needs to be taken replacing the screw cover because they are easy to snap. I usually put them in a glass of warm water for 1-2 minutes and then pop them back in.
JMO,

Jim

I love that new trick! I gotta try it.
Mo