News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

NOS Western Electric 20PC

Started by cihensley@aol.com, December 07, 2010, 01:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cihensley@aol.com

I happened to log into eBay a few minutes after this BIN was posted.
http://tinyurl.com/2828rm6

There is not a scratch or chip anywhere on the phone. The embossing is crisp and clear. The Runzel cords, which Western used before they started making their own, do, as the listing stated, still have the tags on them. I suspect the finish was originally a little glossier before 90 years of oxidation, but I haven't decided if I will polish it.

Chuck

Doug Rose

Chuck....what a find!! I have seen some great looking black sticks, but never a NOS spaceman. Outstanding!......Doug
Kidphone

bingster

= DARRIN =

Dennis Markham

Wow, Chuck.  What a great looking phone.  It's really amazing.  Once again it proves that there's still good stuff out there.  I'm surprised the family would want to part with it.

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

rdelius

I suspect it is a rebuild, not NOS. That transmitter was uasually used on a 317 wooden magneto telephone.I would also expect the set to have nickel plating also.The 250w transmitter is grounded to the frame, local battery type and non Bell System .Look for nickel plating inside the set.Still not a bad find.
Robby

rdelius

One other thing, the rec shell does not look like WE, although the cap might be
Robby

Doug Rose

Quote from: rdelius on December 07, 2010, 04:01:57 PM
One other thing, the rec shell does not look like WE, although the cap might be
Robby
This HAS to be the find of the month!!
Kidphone

cihensley@aol.com

Here is the transmitter removed from the transmitter cup. No evidence of nickel. The same when i removed the base.

Chuck