News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A 10/50 500 that went for-- WOW!!

Started by Jester, March 11, 2018, 06:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jester

There was no detailed description, and the photos were too few and not very informative.  None of that mattered.
Stephen

paul-f

Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Dan/Panther

The longer I wait to pull the trigger, the farther from my reach they become.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

paul-f

Quote from: Dan/Panther on March 12, 2018, 03:48:29 PM
The longer I wait to pull the trigger, the farther from my reach they become.

We had the same problem when looking for our house. Every time we had saved enough for a down payment, the prices had almost doubled, so we had to save more.

That phone also demonstrates the challenge of finding a dates matching October 1950 set.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Dan/Panther

I guess the old saying "Now is the time to buy", really applies.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Daniel B.

I'm surprise by some reactions...Yes, I have already seen other eBay listing who have better photos and description but if you are really interested by something, you can contact the seller. You can ask for more information and you can requested to have the best photos of the phone in any possible angles...I do it most of the time and believe me, It's better to ask before if you don't want to be disappointed when you will open your shipping box with some seller....

I'm agree with Paul-F, it's a real challenge to find a dates matching October 1950 set or earlier...

I was looking each day on EBay for a earlier 500 set for long time ...

I tried to won a EBay auction last year for set who have the same dates matching 10/50. My maximum bid was US $316.76 and the auction close at US $327.99 so I didn't win...

Just for fun, who have a dates matching October 1950 or earlier western 500?

Now, I can put my name on the list, I'm the new owner of this hard to find early 500 set so I'm really happy.

I never saw this phone in real but  I know this seller for long time  and it's always perfect...

Now, I looking for a matching dates 1948 or 1949 Western 500...It's much more hard to find but one day...

D/B

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Daniel B.

Pourme

Good Find of the Month candidate!

Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

HarrySmith

You might have a problem finding a space in all those black 500's & red 500's & pink 500's & white 500's............
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Daniel B.

Thanks Harry, I will not display this phone in my regular section.  ::) I will display this early black 500 on the other section of my phone room...I cleared a VIP place in the Hall of Fame display... :P

D/B

WEBellSystemChristian

Wow, great score, Daniel!

1950s are surprisingly difficult to find. Great luck with yours! ;)
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford