News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

302 sold for $366

Started by poplar1, June 04, 2012, 05:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poplar1

Is there something special about this metal 302 that sold for $366?

Ebay Item number:         320913538884
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

LarryInMichigan

It must be the "dings" :D

If I had listed this phone, it would have sold for $20.

All of the outrageous bids were made by the same two bidders.

Larry

Dennis Markham

An eBay seller's dream.  Two (or more) people continuing to out-bid each other.

Doug Rose

WOW!! :o :o I am totally amazed. You could get a McMurdosilver for that :'( :'(
Kidphone

canuckphoneguy

Wowsers. The ebay seller is also a brand new one - a feedback score of 4. He totally lucked out!! :o

twocvbloke

Hope my Hoover junior 1334 does as well as that... ;D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230803478222

(shameless advertisement there....... :D )

wds

I'll bet that a couple guys were having some fun with this seller.  Odd are the buyer won't pay, and the seller will put the phone back up for sale.  Can't leave negative feedback against a buyer, so they have a little fun, don't pay, and the seller is stuck trying to get the seller fee removed from their account. 
Dave

TelePlay

What's up with the number card? I see "steel" and what appears to be "Brittania" in the middle, along with a few other words I can't make out. Was this a WE item? It looks like embossed metal.

david@london

twocvbloke -

would v much like to see the hoover 1334 ....... could you post a link pls ?

twocvbloke

Quote from: david@london on June 05, 2012, 10:24:36 AM

twocvbloke -

would v much like to see the hoover 1334 ....... could you post a link pls ?

Hmm, I thought I did, link's correct in the previous post now... :D

Doug Rose

Keeping that WOW Feeling!! In comparison, this is at least a better value....Doug

http://tinyurl.com/79aq4bb
Kidphone

twocvbloke

That's a rather nice red phone, but the price, yikes!!! :o

AE_Collector

Jorge wishes that he could get a red AE 40 for that price .... $631.51. Heck, SO DO I!

Is there any logical explanation for why a colored WECo 302 goes for so much less than the comparable colored AE 40? Most other side by side comparisons would have he WECo worth considerably mor than the AE. There may or may not be more WECo's out there. AE's tended to NOT get destroyed once taken out of service as they were usually supplied through the independent telco's rather than through the Bell system. Many of the deluxe colored AE's were actually sold to the end users as well. Thus the AE's could be more plentiful rather than more rare.

Terry

Gilas

How about a 302 for $405..at least last time I looked it was and reserve not met.  Item number: 160812249810

K1WI

At least that one is an early 37 302 with short ears small plungers , and vents.  I don't think it deserves that price , but that is up to the buyer. Would probably be worth  close to that if it had an early 37 ungrooved F1 handset  , but not to me.

Andt F     K1WI 

@mgh
Andy F    K1WI