News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Clear Candlestick MouthPiece

Started by Doug Rose, April 12, 2016, 05:31:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I won this on eBay on Friday and it came yesterday. It is really heavy and well made. Fits a WE stick. I was not sure if it was real or not when I bid on it. Sure looks and feels real. It looks like it was never used. Any idea of the maker?....thanks....Doug

http://www.ebay.com/itm/311580925556?
Kidphone

TelePlay

Very nice, Doug. And, yes, if it is indeed glass, from working with very old lantern globes which are thinner, glass does travel through the decades well and retains its NOS appearance unless subject to a cracking/breaking event. I saw this when it was listed but didn't watch it.

Seller description:  "Up for auction is a beautiful glass candlestick phone mouthpiece.  This is the second glass mouthpiece I found in my late uncle's estate, and since it was not labeled, I am uncertain of the make.  I believe it is for a Western Electric phone, however, I could easily be wrong.  The mouthpiece appears to be in very nice condition with no chips, scratches, or cracks."

Doug Rose

Hey John....it is glass and is a real beauty....I am very happy with it. Anyone know who made it??....Doug
Kidphone