News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

302 multi line desktop phone......

Started by John S, October 17, 2009, 02:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John S

Has anyone seen a multi line 302 with these kind of button on them?  I seen them, but the ones I have seen have been clear buttons.  These are more of a brown color.  One of the button seem to be a volume control, but I am not sure.  I have not tested the phones.  The phone is dated 1948.  Its also stamped inside in  green, under the case.  I took some pics, the phone will need a good cleaning, but overall in great condition.  I have been looking for a multi line phone to fill my collection, and finally found one.  The cord still has all the clips attached to them.....

John

Phonesrfun

I have a couple of multi-line sets in the 400 series.  The 400 series is the key set series equivalents of the 300 series phones, commonly just referred to as a 302.

I have a BSP somewhere that will tell me the exact designation of the 440 G C 3, but in looking at the pictures, it looks like a 3-line phone that did not go through a 1A key system or its predecessor.  It simply had 3 lines coming into it; any of which could be selected by pressing the appropriate button.  The last "button" appears to be a rotary switch.  This could have been used for a variety of purposes, but maybe was used to put a line on hold while answering another line, although to do that with a single switch would have required a relay system to accomplish.  It could have also been used to cut the ringer in and out of the line from working.  Many of the older key sets did not have lamps (yours does not), so there was no need for clear buttons.

I will see if I can find the BSP later today.
-Bill G

Phonesrfun

-Bill G

Phonesrfun

Well, I don't seem to have anything on the 400 series.  I have a reference to the 440 series, a very close match.  I think the difference is that the 440 were made to work on 1A and 750A key and PBX systems.

A link to the BSP on the 440 is at the TCI technical library at:  http://telephonecollectors.org/DocumentLibrary/BSPs/502Division/502-435-400.pdf

And just for general telephone collecting info, take a look at their entire website at http://telephonecollectors.org/   

The "C" part of the model number says it is a dial telephone as opposed to one with a dial blank, ir what was called a manual telephone at the time.

-Bill G

John S

Phonesrfun...

Thanks for the link....There is great information on there.  I am going to study it more...and read it over closely......Once I clean it up, I will post new pics of it.....

John