News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I shall call him "Mini Me"...

Started by twocvbloke, May 16, 2020, 07:11:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twocvbloke

More for amusement than anything, I bought a set of three 19cm (7.5") tall lanterns from china, two red, one blue (wanted Red, Green & Blue, but the green had sold out), and just for fun I sat the blue one next to my bigger blue lantern, and it is just one of them things that makes me giggle at the sight of it, it's a cute little lamp...  ;D

Of course being from china it has issues, stamping is pretty poor, crimping is hap-hazard, and I think there's a leak somewhere, so not exactly perfect...  :o

RB

Yes, they are MASTERS at building things that are BARLEY THERE.
No user serviceable parts inside.
Looks good though. ;)

twocvbloke

Checked the little fella earlier and yep, it's definitely leaking somewhere, so what better way to empty it of fuel than to, well, burn it??  ;D

Once the flame is tamed (it's one of those where it'll run away if you're not careful) it's about the same light output as it's bigger cousin, but given that the metalwork is as tight fitting as a politician's alibi, I think the flame could do better if the airflow was being guided properly, something to fix once empty I guess, and of course the tank definitely needs sealing if I actually want to use it...