News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

SUCCESS!!

Started by HarrySmith, June 09, 2021, 08:22:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

I had 2 WE 29 locks. One a 29S and one just a 29. I only had one key, the 29S. It works in both locks. I believe the difference is a deep cut to fit the vault locks. I have a bunch of keys I bought from eBay. I went through them to find one that was similar but longer and not exactly the same cuts. I spent about 20 minutes with a Dremel and a bench grinder cutting and grinding and it works! Picture attached.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Key2871

Nice, Harry the lock Smith?
KEN

poplar1

The 2 keys on the left look like 30C keys for vault doors, not 29A (Bell) or 29B (COCOT) upper housing keys for single slot coin phones.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

HarrySmith

Quote from: poplar1 on June 09, 2021, 05:32:40 PM
The 2 keys on the left look like 30C keys for vault doors, not 29A (Bell) or 29B (COCOT) upper housing keys for single slot coin phones.
They may well be. I have no idea. The one in the middle is the one I cut that now works on the 29 lock. The one on the far left is one that is similar to the one I cut before I cut it. I matched up the 2 slots that run the length of the key, that was the one thing I found that was different on a lot of the other keys. I also looked for one that had enough metal to make the"teeth" and slots I needed. I have a number of keys and none are marked 29, 30 or 10 like other ones I have & have seen.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"