News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

ATA with Wi-Fi

Started by nzorzi, February 24, 2023, 12:20:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzorzi

Hello, does anyone know of an ATA device that can connect to a VoIP server via WLAN / Wi-Fi? Ideally one capable of interpreting rotary pulses. Something like a Grandstream GS-HT802 that could connect to my VoIP server wirelessly would be fantastic. Thanks.

Contempra

I can't help you 'cause i don't know ' Voip ' but welcome to the forum .

markosjal

Hello,

Many of the Obi models have wifi adapters available. Since you are posting on an antique phone forum though I will make a better suggestion

Grandstream HT802 with a Wireless to ethernet Bridge (MAKE SURE IT IS A BRIDGE THAT ALLOWS YOU TO CONNECT A WIRED DEVICE TO A WIRELESS NETWORK!)

here I was using for a while an old Apple Airport that I had picked up at Goodwill for next to nothing. It will work in a bride mode (connect to Wifi network with to pass to a wired device).  DO NOT CONFUSE BRIDGE MODE FOR OTHER MODES! You also need to make sure you have more than adequate wireless signal or you will get garbled or delayed speech.

I have also used
TEW 820AP (configured as Bridge but this one is Wifi 5Ghz only))
Edimax N300 Universal WiFi Bridge (2.4 Ghz WiFI Only but has multiple Ethernet ports)
Trendnet 647-GA Gamer edition wireless Bridge (2.4 Ghz only)

If you are in USA , I have some devices available if you want to pay postage. Send me a PM

By the way some people will INSIST that bridge mode does not work but this is almost always because they do not use a device that supports bridge mode or have too weak of a Wifi Signal. It is not as easy to diagnose connection issues through a bridge as the Wireless segment more or less becomes "invisible" and all devices will "think" they are wired because they ARE

Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish