News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Check the time logged in.

Started by Dan/Panther, March 10, 2009, 05:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

I was writing a post when I looked up and saw the time I have been logged into the forum.
I was able to capture the screen just in time.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Ellen

Who are you calling obsessed???

Dennis Markham

Hopefully you don't suffer from triskaidekaphobia.

Dan/Panther

No, I'm just afraid of the number 13..... :o

D/P

HobieSport

I got you beat by exactly seven hours, Danny O'Panther.  Does that make me a lucky Scotch Irish? 

Actually I'm not sure how the log in time is calculated.  I have my log in set to "always stay logged in" for simple convenience.  I don't know if that means that every time I turn on the computer that I am "logged in", or just that every time I have a window open on the forum that I am logged in.  Many a time I may have a window open on the forum but I am off doing something else on the computer entirely, but I'm just leaving it open to come back to a subject sometime, maybe hours later.

Not that I'm not obsessed with phones and the forum.  It's my favorite online place to "hang out".  It's so rare to be on a forum where everyone is so good and helpful and fun with each other.  But I do also have a good life offline.

Funny thing about numbers and superstition.  When I'm designing houses, I use the number 6.666 a lot.  That's because that translates as six foot eight inches on the calculator, which is standard door height, and I work with ratios and proportions a lot in my designs.  It doesn't mean I am a scion of Satan, though some may disagree. ;)

"Triskaidekaphobia"?  Okay, Dennis, smarty, I had to look that one up. :D

I have now been logged on for 7 more minutes.  Will the luck never cease?

mienaichizu

McHeath

First off D/P I have found the source of you evil powers of winning phone on Flea-Bay at such cheap prices, all those 13's, coincidence?  I think not! ;)

Second off, I'm a little troubled that Hobiesport said this:
QuoteBut I do also have a good life offline.

Oh say it ain't so Joe!  I feel personally betrayed!  How could you have a life outside of the forum?!   :'( ;D

Dennis Markham

Speaking of the fear of #13....back in April of 1970 when Apollo 13 was scheduled to launch to the moon, to be the third landing they intentionally scheduled it to lift-off at 1313 hours (1:13PM) Houston (CST).  So Apollo 13 left at 1313 to DISPELL the superstition.  Well as we all know, it didn't work.  I wonder if they'd launch again at that time, or even number a launch vehicle with that designation.

Dan/Panther

Was it the Kneights Templar that started the Friday the 13th superstition, weren't they all executed on the Friday the 13th, or a large number of them, or is it some other execution I'm thinking of.
D/P

AET

Well, my 9 hours 10 minutes looks pathetic now haha.
- Tom

McHeath

Or was it the Huegonauts (spelling?) who were all killed that day?  I don't recall exactly. 

HobieSport

Quote from: McHeath

I'm a little troubled that Hobiesport said this:
QuoteBut I do also have a good life offline.

Oh say it ain't so Joe!  I feel personally betrayed!  How could you have a life outside of the forum?!   :'( ;D

Well, jeepers, Heath, I have to take a little time off from the forum now and then to meet the mailman bringing my next phone, and to fix up my 1954 trailer-home and decorate it with vintage 1950s stuff so that the phones look more at home... :D

benhutcherson

Wow, I guess with 14 days total, I really don't have a life :).

I tend to check the forum several times a day, but I typically won't stay for more than a few seconds unless I see that there are new posts. I wonder if, perhaps, every time I visit it logs a certain amount of time, regardless of how much time I'm actually here. That could easily explain why mine is as high as it is.