"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I am retiring May 31, 2013!

Started by AE_Collector, April 14, 2013, 12:02:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavePEI

Quote from: AE_Collector on May 28, 2013, 12:35:48 AM
Thanks for all the good wishes guys. It has been a paperwork nightmare but I'm almost there!
Ahh, the paperwork... I remember that well! Mine was even more complicated perhaps because of disabilities, but just the basic paperwork for the retirement was a nightmare! But it is done now, Terry! Pretty soon your life will be your own! Congratulations!

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

GTE Rick

Congratulations Terry!   I Maybe able to retire when I am 75!
Small in size ... Smart in Style ... and it has a lighted dial.

Phonesrfun

-Bill G

DavePEI

Hi Terry:

Well, you have payed your dues, and now I would like to welcome you as a certified member of  the Retired Association of Telephonists (RATS)!! Did you celebrate at all last night?

I am sure you were glad when the week was over, but I am sure it will take you a while to adjust to retirement. Just think of what you will be able to do....

Congratulations and Enjoy!

Photo: Terry inspecting his latest acquisition in his new workshop. He's all over it!

Dave

The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

AE_Collector

It was a strange day yesterday. Nothing to do but turn in all my stuff to the boss. Keys, cell phone, laptop, credit cards and tools. Boss was running in circles as he had 5 guys leaving the same day and had to meet up with them at different locations. One other retiree and myself met with him for morning coffee at the local Tim Hortons and then back to local CO to finish up turning in stuff and say goodbye to my white four wheeled office.

I was home by noon. Then we had arranged to pick up one daughter and head downtown Vancouver to see the other daughter and her husband. We went out for a real nice dinner and visit before heading home again last night.

There are lots of things that I am going to miss. One is all the opportunity I had to prowl around downtown Vancouver while on the job. I love wandering around and exploring in particular the older buildings.

During my 37.5 years I did CO installation, PBX and Key Systems, I&R (residential and small business Installation & Repair) including ADSL, Coin I&R, some dispatching, back to business PBX and Key Systems again and finally, the last 3.5 years doing Centrex Installation & Repair.

I will certainly miss the work and the people but am looking forward to all the extra time I will have available to do what I want to do. The first significant thing up is a 14 day cruise from Vancouver to Alaska and back beginning June 10. This is a "friends and family" trip as there will be 10 of us going including my wife's parents, my mom and other friends.

Now to figure out what to do today!

Terry

AE40FAN

Congrats Terry!  Hope you have a nice and relaxing summer.

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: AE_Collector on June 01, 2013, 12:00:35 PM
It was a strange day yesterday. Nothing to do but turn in all my stuff to the boss. Keys, cell phone, laptop, credit cards and tools. Boss was running in circles as he had 5 guys leaving the same day and had to meet up with them at different locations. One other retiree and myself met with him for morning coffee at the local Tim Hortons and then back to local CO to finish up turning in stuff and say goodbye to my white four wheeled office.

I was home by noon. Then we had arranged to pick up one daughter and head downtown Vancouver to see the other daughter and her husband. We went out for a real nice dinner and visit before heading home again last night.

There are lots of things that I am going to miss. One is all the opportunity I had to prowl around downtown Vancouver while on the job. I love wandering around and exploring in particular the older buildings.

During my 37.5 years I did CO installation, PBX and Key Systems, I&R (residential and small business Installation & Repair) including ADSL, Coin I&R, some dispatching, back to business PBX and Key Systems again and finally, the last 3.5 years doing Centrex Installation & Repair.

I will certainly miss the work and the people but am looking forward to all the extra time I will have available to do what I want to do. The first significant thing up is a 14 day cruise from Vancouver to Alaska and back beginning June 10. This is a "friends and family" trip as there will be 10 of us going including my wife's parents, my mom and other friends.

Now to figure out what to do today!

Terry

Cruses with family are very fun!

AE_Collector

Yeah we have tried unsuccessfully to get my mom to come on a trip with us since dad died so this time we just told her she was coming and she didn't put up a fight. From here, Alaska is so easy to do. No flights at all so it doesn't get any easier. The best part is that we don't have to get up at 3 or 4 AM to go to the airport! We can leave home at noon or 1 and be on board by 2.

Thanks everyone....

Terry

Tom B

You enjoy yourself, mate. Congrats ;D
Tom