News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

50G payphone

Started by 4123, July 11, 2019, 02:10:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I have this 50G Payphone w/ the older version 139 A backboard.  This telephone is unusual because it was never put into service.  It was bolted down to a test cart used in the Central Office.  Because it was never put into service, it is in perfect condition other than some wear on the switch hook due to the testing procedure. There is no vault door or upper housing lock  because there was no need for them.  I don't think a better quality 50G will ever be found. I have included a photo of the test cart that it was mounted on as well as a few photos of the payphone itself. Is anyone interested in this payphone? If so, please make me an offer. Please respond to: 4123@frontiernet.net
Ron Christianson

"Consider It All Entertainment"

RB

Did you get the cart too? amazing!

Yes.  I got the cart.  I've already sold the cart though.  Now all I have is the 50G
Ron Christianson

"Consider It All Entertainment"

Whitcrane76

Quote from: 4123 on July 11, 2019, 12:57:47 PM
Yes.  I got the cart.  I've already sold the cart though.  Now all I have is the 50G

Who in their right mind would have bought the cart without the phone?  Why separate something original?

Key2871

Yea, I agree I would have kept the cart, that's just a real nice part of the story and set up.
KEN

Jim Stettler

Nice cart, but it takes up a lot of space.
I understand why you sold it.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.