"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Thanks to all and a quick question

Started by jacl, April 28, 2015, 11:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacl

I just wanted to post a message here thanking you guys,

I now have all my rotary phones hooked up and running, when I got them nearly none of them worked properly, I have learned how to replace parts, fix ringers, and even adjust the governor spring on the 302 I did the govenor last night and that was the last non-working part I had!) thanks to you guys and the info on your forums.

I also have them hooked up to a Basic Talk HT701 that I unlocked and have connected to a voip provider thanks to guides here and I have pulse to tone conversion through the Xlink BTTN which I read about here.

What a great community, thanks for your help and thanks for keeping these pieces of equipment running!

Now for my question, I saw one of these and I want it but I don't know what model it is

Any help would be appreciated!!

LarryInMichigan

The phone in your bottom picture is a Stromberg Carlson 1543 or possibly a 1443, but the handset on it looks like a Western Electric F1.  If you do am image search for this phone model, you will find pictures showing the various styles of handsets which were shipped with this phone.

Larry

jacl

Thanks for getting back so quick!

I was browsing through pages and pages of pictures of Western Electric and Automatic Electric phones yesterday wondering if I would come across it, looks like you are right with the 1443, I really like the look of that phone!

paul-f

Quote from: jacl on April 28, 2015, 02:52:41 PM
I really like the look of that phone!

It was one of the first models I collected, as my parents had one when I was growing up.

There were several dial and handset variations over the years.  A favorite was the bakelite handset with pointed design on the top.  It's different than the WE F1 handset or later SC handsets and really stands out in a collection.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

compubit

Paul -

did you end up with the brown 1543 on eBay a few weeks back? I caught it early, but it skyrocketed during the bidding.

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

paul-f

I missed that one, Jim.  I haven't found a brown set at the right price yet.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

poplar1

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.