Started by countryman, June 10, 2019, 05:13:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

countryman

RB

I have the idea I really like it!
That's some steampunk stuff there ;)

tubaman

Nice thing!
I'd say the dial is a later addition as the bracket holding it looks a bit home brew to me.
:)

FABphones

I have seen quite a few French buttsets but never one like that. I certainly would have been tempted to buy it and I never buy Butts. I like it.  :)

Could you add a straight on view (close up) of the dial so I can take a look at it all in a bit more detail, and so I can read the diaclcard? It looks like it doesn't quite fit and isn't the usual style if French.

Nothing written on it anywhere?
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

HowardPgh

I've seen a picture of  a handset like this. Maybe on a British Telephone Website. If I recall correctly, this handset is telescopic and can be made smaller by pushing the receiver and transmitter together.
Howard

countryman

Unfortunately I do not own it (yet) and the pics are from the platform it is offered on. You know sellers and their pics and descriptions. I made an offer, we will see...

Edit, the seller seems to have a turkish background, maybe that thing was used/built/cobbled together there. Will ask if a deal can be made. Still negotiating.

#2 Edit: Deal is made, will see more when the handset arrives. As expected, the seller knew no details about it at all.

countryman

Quote from: HowardPgh on June 10, 2019, 10:10:35 AM
I've seen a picture of  a handset like this. Maybe on a British Telephone Website. If I recall correctly, this handset is telescopic and can be made smaller by pushing the receiver and transmitter together.
That's interesting Howard.

I found No. 44 on this site is telescopic, but not like the one I found.
Money is sent, hopefully the item will show up here.

countryman

The phone arrived. The actual handset seems to be at least partly german according to the pressing marks on the transmitter element and the horn. It's telescopic indeed. The dial is definately from northern France with the city names of Lille, Roubaix and Tourcoing printed on the card. It's an Automatic Electric type as made and used in France, very likely fitted later as supposed by tubaman.
Very interesting is the engraving H. Mende on the dial housing. Hermann Mende was a pioneer of the electronic industry in Saxony, later known as "Nordmende" brand. There could be a relation or not. H. Mende could as well have been an unknown  french, belgian, german,... telephone installer.
Only one thing is secured about the phone: It works ;-)

countryman

More pics.
CL (Carl Lorenz) transmitter "33" (year?)
Someone made a nice shim out of newspaper.
FEBA pressing mark on horn:  Fabrik elektrische Bedarfsartikel, Stückrath KG, Berlin.
unknown pressing mark on receiver cap.

Jim Stettler

I think it is pretty cool. I buy oddball phone items like this.
You should submit it to the find of the month.
If you post it there please include price paid, shipping cost, and where purchased.
JMO,
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.