News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Nice ????? Red 302 on eBay

Started by TelePlay, November 30, 2014, 08:39:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

. . . and for good  money, but just in time for Christmas!  Just listed. Seems to be in good condition, and no corner cracks.

Classic-vintage-Western-Electric-red-telephone-Model-WE-302-304-desk-set

Seller description:  "Wow, what a gift this would make for that special someone!   This is a wonderful condition Western Electric WE 302 desk set in red colored thermoplastic. From the stamping on the inside, it looks like it's from June 1952 I don't see any cracking or anything with just very small wear marks.  And the phone works too.   I'm including a picture of a rose 302 just so you can see the contrast in color. Of course, this auction is just for the red one.  Let me know if you have any questions.    I've owned these phones for many years and it's time to part with some of them. You know how it goes. added: I am told now that this is not a 302 set but rather a 304 set.   I'm sorry, I don't know which it is since I've been told both now but I thought I should mention it and let the buyer make up his/her own mind. If there are any further questions, I'd be happy to answer them. Thanks"

Maybe it's just me but if someone were willing to pay that, I'd include free shipping, but, then again, I'm cheap, I guess . . .  ???

WEBellSystemChristian

Are you sure that's Blood Red? It looks like normal Pekin red to me...
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Kenton K

I second Christian, Looks like peking red to me.

KK

TelePlay

Okay, I'll go along with that. Still a nice red for a lot of money, the point of the post for posterity.

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: TelePlay on November 30, 2014, 09:39:49 PM
Okay, I'll go along with that. Still a nice red for a lot of money, the point of the post for posterity.
I agree, very nice for the money. The seller could have taken better pictures, make it really look good!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Doug Rose

Good eyes Christian...its a Pekin Red....Doug
Kidphone