News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Anybody here get this Navy 202?

Started by Greg G., January 18, 2013, 07:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

Interesting phone, I tried to get it.  Shipping was very reasonable for a change ($8.42 to my place) and the final price wasn't bad either IMO.  But I'm confused, the base is round, which I thought were B1s, but seller says it's stamped D1.  Not sure why the pooch is included in the pics if it wasn't for sale, I would have bid on him too!  Nice looking chocolate lab!  I liked his description:

Quote1930's telephone
Porcelein or cast metal bast mounted on wooden box.
D1 stamped on the posterior neck.  
This was used in an engineering department in the United States Navy.  
Wiring intact and free from visible signs of breakage or repair.  Complete and fantastic, curious and funky, historical and ready for you to buy right now.  
Since this was a military phone THERE IS NO DIAL.
It's like a one way bat phone to alert the whoring admiral the ship is about to hit a shoal.  
My dog is not for sale.
...and don't ask if I've tried to plug in the four prong telephone adapter.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121049900925?
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

kleenax

I wondered who got this too. I was going to snipe it, but decided not to at the last minute. Kind of wanted to see inside of that bottom box to see how it was fabricated.
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

Greg G.

Apparently f***l got it, who ever that is.  They've been busy bidding on a lot of phones in the last 30 days.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Sargeguy

Probably stamped B-1 but the seller got confused?  Is that a wooden box attached to the base?  Note the rubber cord guard to prevent the cord from fraying where it goes into the handset. 
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Greg G.

- Mike Row
e

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: Sargeguy on January 29, 2013, 08:54:19 PM
Probably stamped B-1 but the seller got confused?  Is that a wooden box attached to the base?  Note the rubber cord guard to prevent the cord from fraying where it goes into the handset. 

I have an E1 handset connected to a C1 mount with the same sort of rubber stress relief sleeve around the cloth cord on the handset end.

Larry

Greg G.

- Mike Row
e