JKL Museum of Telephony: http://jklmuseum.com/
=============================================
TCI Library: http://www.telephonecollectors.info/
=============================================

kleenax

Quote from: teka-bb on January 29, 2013, 05:46:28 PM

Hi Ray,

The link is 'dead'...
Yea, eBay pulled my auction because they said that I was "Promoting or encouraging illegal activity". Still fighting with them on it!
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

Sargeguy

They finally caught on to you after all these years!!!
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

QuietStove

Ray,

eBay probably did not understand the lock is for an antique phone and thought it could be use to subvert modern payphones.   Did the listing mention the lock and key are for antique payphones that are not in service anymore? 

QuietStove

kleenax

Quote from: quietstove on February 03, 2013, 01:45:30 PM
Ray,

eBay probably did not understand the lock is for an antique phone and thought it could be use to subvert modern payphones.   Did the listing mention the lock and key are for antique payphones that are not in service anymore? 

QuietStove

I have been around and around with those idiots for the past 3 days about this. There is some nitwit there that although I mention nothing whatsoever about a "T-KEY", he/she insists that that is what I listed and it is therefore banned. Won't listen to reason, won't read over the auction with me and explain to me WHY he thinks that what it is, won't LOOK at a (present) eBay listing FOR A REAL T-KEY (that they are allowing to run); just insists that my auction is illegal and therefore banned.

I would think it's my ex-wife running that department if I didn't know better!   >:(
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

Dennis Markham

Quote from: kleenax on February 03, 2013, 01:53:06 PM
I would think it's my ex-wife running that department if I didn't know better!   >:(

I don't know your ex-wife, but she probably would want your phone to run.  That way she could share in the proceeds. :)

Isn't there someone over that person's head with whom to plead your case??

MagicMo

Hey Ray,
I cannot comment on the lock that your ex wife is sabotaging, but I can say marriage really is a great thing (but I wouldn't recommend it to single people).
For instance, every time I go and think I found Mr. Right, my husband has to go and scare him away!        Ba Dum Tsh!
Mo
Practice Kindness :)

kleenax

Quote from: MagicMo on February 03, 2013, 02:19:36 PM
Hey Ray,
I cannot comment on the lock that your ex wife is sabotaging, but I can say marriage really is a great thing (but I wouldn't recommend it to single people).
For instance, every time I go and think I found Mr. Right, my husband has to go and scare him away!        Ba Dum Tsh!
Mo

Well, there ya go  :D
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

Sargeguy

This reminds me of when I was selling some extra sets of 1:35 scale and 1:48 scale water slide decals for plastic model kits and my auctions for the WwIi German sets got pulled because I was "promoting Nazism".
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

QuietStove

Quote from: kleenax on February 03, 2013, 01:53:06 PM
Quote from: quietstove on February 03, 2013, 01:45:30 PM
Ray,

QuietStove

I have been around and around with those idiots for the past 3 days about this. There is some nitwit there that although I mention nothing whatsoever about a "T-KEY", he/she insists that that is what I listed and it is therefore banned. Won't listen to reason, won't read over the auction with me and explain to me WHY he thinks that what it is, won't LOOK at a (present) eBay listing FOR A REAL T-KEY (that they are allowing to run); just insists that my auction is illegal and therefore banned.

You are assuming the person receiving your message has the capability to read and comprehend the english language.

kleenax

You are assuming the person receiving your message has the capability to read and comprehend the english language.

Ironically yes, that was MOST infuriating! The guy speaking to me sounded middle-eastern, and had a very condescending tone as he spoke with me. It was like he was reading from a script (probably was), and had NO intention whatsoever of listening to me or doing anything about the situation (or couldn't).
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

QuietStove

Quote from: kleenax on February 04, 2013, 09:24:47 AM

Ironically yes, that was MOST infuriating! The guy speaking to me sounded middle-eastern, and had a very condescending tone as he spoke with me. It was like he was reading from a script (probably was), and had NO intention whatsoever of listening to me or doing anything about the situation (or couldn't).

Language barriers can be frustrating.   Try to give another phone call.  The moment you get someone who isn't communicating to your satisfaction immediately hang up, call back, and try again.  Repeat until you  get someone who meets your expectations.   Then they hopefully will be able to write additional detail for the folks who make the decision.   Insist the previous representative is wrong and does not understand.   

If you already tried the above there isn't much else you can do.   Good luck.

Craig

Greg G.

Quote from: MagicMo on February 03, 2013, 02:19:36 PM
Hey Ray,
Mo

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's." - Anonymous
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

kleenax

Language barriers can be frustrating.   Try to give another phone call.  The moment you get someone who isn't communicating to your satisfaction immediately hang up, call back, and try again.  Repeat until you  get someone who meets your expectations.   Then they hopefully will be able to write additional detail for the folks who make the decision.   Insist the previous representative is wrong and does not understand.   

If you already tried the above there isn't much else you can do.   Good luck.

Craig

Been there, done that...... 3 times!
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC