News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

How do I convert an Automatic Electric telephone

Started by GTElover, December 15, 2012, 05:32:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTElover

Hi purchased this on eBay, its an Automatic Electric, not sure how old it is as there is no identifying marks on the bottom. On the capacitor there is D-68693-A and on the network D38384A 0F6.  I managed to get a dial tone but the phone wont ring.  I have a baby-blue Automatic Electric from 1975 and used the wiring as a guide but its apparently not wired the same.  Please help as its driving me nuts.  The phone came without a line cord and will need to be converted to work in the UK.

stub

GTElover ,
                Here's what I have on your phone -           I don't have a clue how to convert for UK use.
      If your phone has a straight line ringer in it and no original line in cord put a jumper wire from 9 to 6  on network. This will work on POTS line in the US. A lot of these phones had frequency ringers in them for party line ringing. Hope this helps.  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

twocvbloke

Looking at the diagram, there's not much converting needing to be done, just that jumper wire as mentioned by stub, it should work like that... :)