News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Fell Through the Cracks

Started by Doug Rose, July 28, 2018, 09:53:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I bought this on eBay for $51 plus $18.90 shipping. It was advertised as new, but it has a few marks. This was my last to complete my set of SCs and Kelloggs. The manual set with the dial attachment. Super hard to find, It looks like a Navy stamp, but hard to read. I am going to refurb now, but I did remember before pics  :'( as I always remember them when I am finished  8)

Cloth cord is perfect, I do need a Masterphone dial card if anyone has one.

This appears to be a steal....Doug

https://tinyurl.com/ycj5bx3y
Kidphone

Butch Harlow

That's a pretty interesting looking phone, never seen that model. I am just wondering if that dial card is ok and just the acetate cover is yellowed? It looks to have been used pretty well in its life, but it should shine up real nice. I really do like Kellogg phones.
Butch Harlow

Doug Rose

It was advertised as new. Then stated slight marks  ???  Bad pics that could not be expanded. It has been used. Cloth cord is great. Acetate cover is covered with grime. The Masterphone card is stained and not worth keeping. Signal Corps vermillion stamp is still present (thanks John), so it couldn't have been used alot. Maybe years of bad handling?

It is still a wonderful phone, just not what I thought I bought. Not being bit by the bear, just not the great deal I thought I had.

It is mounted in the Phone room and I now have them all. With the minor warts, it is still a keeper.

Overall I am very happy with it. The Kelloggs with the dial mount are usually $200 or more. Not as easlily found as its SC cousin. I have been watching for awhile  8)...Doug
Kidphone

david@london

very nice doug. i also had not seen this model before. good find.

as a temporary fix for your masterphone card, i wonder if you've seen the scan on the telephone archive site which should look good printed onto aged paper or card.

http://www.telephonearchive.com/numbercards/cards/kellogg.html

Doug Rose

David...you are the man!....many thanks....Doug
Kidphone

Greg G.

Quote from: Doug Rose on July 28, 2018, 09:53:39 AM
It looks like a Navy stamp, but hard to read.

https://tinyurl.com/ycj5bx3y

That looks like a US Army Signal Corp stamp.  The pictures in your second post have more clarity. I can see the outline of the "S", then "C" and the big "A".  Compare with the stamp on the bottom of my Toaster Phone:
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Doug Rose

Kidphone

Doug Rose

Memory overload. I can't remember the manufacturer of  the 3rd Phone in the pic. I think it was made in England and I got it years ago from a person in Canada. Partial memory loss  :'( ...Doug
Kidphone

david@london

Doug Rose

Thanks David.....you saved me ...again!
Kidphone

FABphones

A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Doug Rose

The sealed canvas bag inside the dial attachment has two long screws that were needed if you wanted to install a dial, Everything was first class back then. Not sealed in a piece of plastic that you lose trying to get it out of the plastic!!  :o...Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"