News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Hoover convertible U4309

Started by benkeys, April 24, 2013, 11:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benkeys

Hello all. I just picked me up a good working Hoover U4309 yesterday. I went to the Habitat for Humanity ReStore mainly to just poke around and see what they had there and this thing got my attention..  I was wandering if anyone could tell me anything about that line or model? I remember having something similar as a kid in the late 1980's which is partially why i bought this. I'm just mainly curious as to how old it is but any info would be appreciated.I posted in a vacuum group on yahoo and a vacuum forum, with no responses, so i thought i'd try here.. Thanks..
Ben K...  1960 WE 500 and 1972 SC 554   Always enjoying the sound of a phone with a bell ringer ringing....

ESalter

I don't know if I should say this or not...  We used to have one identical to that at the shop/museum.  It quit working, so I scrapped it out less than a year ago.  It worked great for a really long time though.  Currently the "headlight" off of it is serving as a resistance lamp on a rigged-up payphone tester power supply.

---Eric