News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Last Strip Job

Started by Doug Rose, September 27, 2018, 12:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

This has been sitting on the side of my work bench for awhile now. Paint was just so so .....so after stripping the North Yesterday....I stripped the 202 today. This is a I 37 and much more heavy than the earlier aluminium 202. I think they strip better as well.  This took two coats of citrix stripper, second for the tough areas. It even had a steel finger wheel so I stripped that as well. Matching shiny pewter color.

My fingers are peeling as the gloves don't keep all of the citrix off of you. I am happy with the way it came out. I 37 base 12 38 F1 with 10 38 elements and a NOS straight rubber cord. I do hating stripping phones....but I certainly have done many of them!...Doug
Kidphone

19and41

Nice job.  Looks like a big monopoly piece.  I've found the heaviest nitrile gloves at Harbor Freight keep my hands intact.  Cheap too!
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Doug Rose

I'll check them out, even though it's my last strip job  :o...thanks.....Doug
Kidphone

Key2871

I once polished a 202 after what you did.
It actually looked really nice, almost nickel.
KEN

FABphones

Quote from: Doug Rose on September 27, 2018, 03:30:30 PM
I'll check them out, even though it's my last strip job  :o...thanks.....Doug

Do you have a before pic. I think it's come up nice :)    Why is it your last?
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Doug Rose

CJ....I usually think of a before picture after I finish. Camera is upstairs with the computer, I am in the dungeon two flight down. It was just bad black paint. I did not expect it to be this nice.

Sometimes you bite the bear....Doug
Kidphone

Jim Stettler

Quote from: 19and41 on September 27, 2018, 02:45:38 PM
Nice job.  Looks like a big monopoly piece.  I've found the heaviest nitrile gloves at Harbor Freight keep my hands intact.  Cheap too!
I concur. I use them for auto work and any cleaning or chemical work. Cheap for the money at full price and you can usually get them on sale and get a free gift with a coupon.
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

19and41

They really save having to scrub hands and nails after auto work and are easy to work in.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Doug Rose

Quote from: 19and41 on September 27, 2018, 09:12:38 PM
They really save having to scrub hands and nails after auto work and are easy to work in.

I'm going to check them out.  Gloves I wear break or rip and the big ones I can't hold anything ....many thanks..Doug
Kidphone