News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Hello world... Introduction - don zee

Started by don zee, April 03, 2013, 12:40:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

don zee

What's all this about these newfangled rotary dial phones? Can't we just get back to asking someone to connect us? Just like our kids do?  Actually  i always enjoyed the physicality of real dialing  - the weight  of a metal phone, the sound of a single dime dropping into a pay phone- the numbness caused by holding the phone between head and shoulder - especially with a stupid princess phone.  Most of all, like a good detroiter I love phones available in any color I want= as long as it's black.

AE_Collector

We hear ya Don, we hear ya!

And welcome to the NFCRPF! (New fangled classic rotary phone forum)!

Terry

LarryInMichigan

Welcome to the forum Don.  The membership here is a bit heavy in Michigan, especially metro Detroit.  Our fearless leader, Dennis Markham, is also a metro Detroiter.

Larry

southernphoneman

Quote from: don zee on April 03, 2013, 12:40:50 AM
What's all this about these newfangled rotary dial phones? Can't we just get back to asking someone to connect us? Just like our kids do?  Actually  i always enjoyed the physicality of real dialing  - the weight  of a metal phone, the sound of a single dime dropping into a pay phone- the numbness caused by holding the phone between head and shoulder - especially with a stupid princess phone.  Most of all, like a good detroiter I love phones available in any color I want= as long as it's black.
I am with on that and I agree about the comment regarding the princess phone,but more imparticular the black rotary phone. anyone who has seen my collection photos will know that I am partial to the 1950s black 500 although I will still say that the black 302 is my favorite.

don zee

Actually, its the trimline I find particularly uncomfortable, and I left detroit for points west long ago-a decade in  ann arbor followed by too many years in San Francisco.

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: don zee on April 04, 2013, 02:33:09 AM
Actually, its the trimline I find particularly uncomfortable, and I left detroit for points west long ago-a decade in  ann arbor followed by too many years in San Francisco.

You're welcome to come back here :)