News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Stromberg 1243 missing part

Started by johnfin, February 19, 2009, 08:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnfin

Can someone tell me if the plate under the handset connects to the button plate. I cant really see anything in this picture but I think they are suppose to connect.

BDM

Sorry, I'm not quite getting what it si you're asking?
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

bingster

I think he means the paddle type thingy between the plungers.  It's got the Stromberg name pressed into it, and can be pushed downward.  It also doubles as the finger grip for carrying the phone.   I have one, too, and I've always wondered why it does that.  It doesn't seem to be connected to anything.
= DARRIN =

johnfin

I agree, it does nothing. Its spring loaded and moves but thats it.

BDM

--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

bingster

I wish.  The image comes from here:

http://www.telephonearchive.com/phones/sc/sc1243.html

Mine's in thoroughly used condition, and is mounted to a magneto base.
= DARRIN =

BDM

--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Steve

Thanks alot. now there's another one on my want list.. :D

VERY slick looking phone.
If you're a long way from home,
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,
Something just ain't right.

johnfin

I think I solved the mystery. The handset ear piece sits in that area when the receiver is off the hook, ie someone on hold. Keeps the handset from falling on the floor. Strange but good design I guess.

BDM

I was just reading about this feature. It's actually an option and would have a switch contact if so equipped. I'll have to double check tonight when I arrive home, but I'm pretty sure it's a feature for party line phones. It allowed you to listen without being heard, so as not to disturb the party talking, amongst other things ;)
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI