News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

More phones on my phone bench

Started by phoneguy06, March 22, 2009, 10:21:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phoneguy06

I know that many of you have seen my pink AE 80 before, but I couldn't resist posting a couple of pictures of it again, this time on my phone bench; it's had a new handset cord put on it since the last photos I took of it, and could really use a pink line cord, but the dial card holder and the insert itself are original. Pretty good for a $29 phone in a local antique mall here. I love the chrome look and the matching chrome plungers. The other photo is my Deco-Tel candlestick with AE dial (it seems that here in my city we used much more AE equipment than Northern Electric). I kept the candlestick plugged in for a while, and then got annoyed, because it truly is impractical to use!

Dennis Markham

That pink AE 80 is really nice!  It is one of the older ones too.. with the handset cord going into the back.  What is the date on it--early 60's?  Nice looking phone for sure.  I found one in my stash the other day that I had shoved aside.  It's the later one with the handset cord coming out the side and really discolored.  I wish I hadn't bought it now.  Great photos.

McHeath

Nice pink phone.  Got to get me one of these, are all of them equipped with chrome plungers?  I've used a candlestick once or twice, and I agree that they are pretty much impractical to use, but they are cool. 

BDM

I noticed that also. That's an older AE80. That's a keeper!
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Dan/Panther

I don't care what anyone says, Pink phones are nice looking...
And no Bill I don't have a tu-tu, just tattoos.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Bill Cahill

Quote from: Dan/Panther on March 24, 2009, 02:10:23 PM
I don't care what anyone says, Pink phones are nice looking...
And no Bill I don't have a tu-tu, just tattoos.
D/P

You cant foll me. You even admitted you have a G string. In what?
Bright orange!

Uuuugggghhh. "Pepto Bismol" pink. Argh. I'm gonna be sick.
Phone is in nice shape.

Hey, DP!
Did you ever find that pink bib with the yellow teddy bears you wanted?
;D

Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

AET

I like the pink, just because it's oh so very fifties.  My great-grandpa designed and built their house in the 50's.  The man was great with architechture and such.  He had all the honey finish wood, floor to ceiling windows, and of course the house was pink.  Put some lannon stone, ducks on the garage door, a 60 Chevy Impala, and Station Wagon in the driveway, and it would in fact be heaven.
- Tom

bingster

I was reading an interesting article on a blog about mid-century homes and home furnishings about the pink craze.  Apparently, that pale pink was very rare in home furnishings until Eisenhower became president.  That pale pink was Mamie Eisenhower's favorite color and she had it on everything.  It became a sort of national craze after that.  In fact, in the 1950s, it was referred to as "Mamie Eisenhower pink."

There you have it... all you ever wanted to know about 1950s pink.
= DARRIN =

AET

How about how popular Copper was then?  Appliances, cars, everything was that copper color!  Personally, I wanna do up my kitchen with honey finish on the woodwork and that great old fifties turquoise on everything!
- Tom