News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I teach mathematics on a modest level and

Started by dsk, June 26, 2012, 12:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

I teach mathematics on a modest level and ..

This 10 button phone may indicate other teachers has failed too.  :-\

http://is.gd/gCg68V

By the way, does that circular button count?

dsk

Owain

It's possible the * and # don't do anything. UK and possibly other administrations were slower to adopt MF dialling but may have used 12-button cases for compatibility with phones intended for PBX.

AE_Collector

Yes it is odd that someone who probably has no idea what the significance of a 10 button rather than 12 buton touchpad is would list this 12 button as a 10 button. Go figure!

d_s_k: I corrected your spelling of "Mathematics" in the subject line so that no one suggests that you DON'T teach english!!  Just a typo, it was correct at the top of your actual post. See the title on top of Owain's post to see how it was before...

Terry

dsk

No, I don't teach English :D
My English are just for hobby, and the forums, and spellscheck saves me, and I'm slowly making it better  ;)

I'm actually not a teacher, I'm an mech. engineer. I'm just working as a teacher, and I like it.

dsk

AE_Collector

Quote from: d_s_k on June 27, 2012, 03:23:25 AM
My English are just for hobby, and the forums, and spellscheck saves me, and I'm slowly making it better  ;)dsk

You're English is just fine. Most (not all) of us North American's can't begin to relate to knowing more than one language, very impressive. I was surprised how much English has become a second language throughout Europe when i was there last summer and in Asia as well whe nI was there last month.

Terry

Adam

Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

Owain

Quote from: AE_collector on June 27, 2012, 11:07:30 AM
You're English is just fine. Most (not all) of us North American's ...

... don't know how to use an apostrophe.  :P

dsk

Quote from: AE_collector on June 27, 2012, 11:07:30 AM
Quote from: d_s_k on June 27, 2012, 03:23:25 AM
My English are just for hobby, and the forums, and spellscheck saves me, and I'm slowly making it better  ;)dsk

You're English is just fine. Most (not all) of us North American's can't begin to relate to knowing more than one language, very impressive. I was surprised how much English has become a second language throughout Europe when i was there last summer and in Asia as well whe nI was there last month.

Terry

Well.. lots of history, and politics here.

Before WWII German was more common here, but after WWII we have been bonded to US and and UK etc.

The last few years we start teaching English at 6 years age. The next generation will speak English quite well.

dsk

twocvbloke

I took French at school, though that ended 11 years ago now, so, can't speak much of it these days... :D

AE_Collector

Quote from: Adam on June 27, 2012, 12:12:47 PM
That should be "Your English."  Shame on you.

Yup you got me. One of those things that I know but screwed up anyway. It has been one of those days.....

Terry