News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

SOLD -- FOR SALE: Unique Paper Weights

Started by TelePlay, July 08, 2017, 05:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ Kirk

I like my unique paperweight. It is in fact the second one i have. The first one is inside my knee and Kaiser said their total cost for the replacement was $49,000. So this one is a great souvenir.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Dan/Panther

John;
Do you have a Pay-Pal account or how should I get you the cash and address. Can you estimate shipping.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

TelePlay

Quote from: Dan/Panther on August 15, 2017, 12:19:44 PM
John;
Do you have a Pay-Pal account or how should I get you the cash and address. Can you estimate shipping.
D/P

Price stated in the first topic includes shipping,

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=18451.msg190229#msg190229

I'm giving them away. The price stated in the topic is the total price/cost to anyone who wants one.

That single price stated includes the cost of actual postage plus $1 for packaging materials.

First Class Mail with tracking.

PayPal info sent in PM.

Dan F

Got mine today. Great piece. Heavy and shiny.

HarrySmith

Quote from: Dan F on August 17, 2017, 11:43:11 PM
Got mine today. Great piece. Heavy and shiny.

Yes, I was quite shocked at how heavy they are! Whenever anyone picks it up that is their first comment
"WOW, that's so heavy! I can't imagine all that in my knee."
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dan F

I wonder if the person who has it implanted feels the added weight?

Quote from: HarrySmith on August 18, 2017, 07:10:07 AM
Yes, I was quite shocked at how heavy they are! Whenever anyone picks it up that is their first comment
"WOW, that's so heavy! I can't imagine all that in my knee."

TelePlay

Like list to one side when swimming?   ;)

Keep in mind they cut away the same volume of bone as the implant has so the added weight is only a few ounces. Bone is dense and heavy. They also cut the top off of the tibia and replace it with a light Teflon type weight bearing material so overall, there really is no major weight difference from before to after.

Russ Kirk

I've had a knee replacement, i do not feel any added weight.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

TelePlay

Still have 4 left ranging from 11 to 13 ounces.

No pressure, this topic will be up until they are sold, but keep in mind, when they are gone, they are gone.

Dan/Panther

I received my paperweight yesterday. A couple more parts and I can start my knee transplant.
Can anyone give me an idea of how painful it will be when I get to the part where I hacksaw off the ends of the bones ?
I have a can of Solarcaine I plan to use when I start the initial incisions. Plus a bottle of Aleve, I hear that works good for minor pain.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

TelePlay

Still have 4 left if anyone is interested in a $2,000 paperweight for the cost of shipping and handling.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=18451.msg190229#msg190229

TelePlay

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"