News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Western Electric sewing machine in The Dalles, OR

Started by Greg G., August 16, 2011, 06:54:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

I really, really, tried to justify the trip to get this, but ultimately decided against it.  The Dalles is in northern OR, next to the border/river. 

http://portland.craigslist.org/grg/atq/2538071389.html ( dead link 02-21-21 )

Rare AT&T Western Electric Sewing Machine + Extras! - $40 (The Dalles)

Date: 2011-08-09, 10:46AM PDT
Reply to: sale-s2qwv-2538071389@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

1917 AT&T Western Electric Sewing Machiene includes antique wood case, original foot pedal and various needles, bobbins, and threaders inside. Asking $40.00. Call 208-989-2113, The Dalles.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

AE_Collector

I have one and went to Tulsa Oklahoma from Vanacouver BC to get it so you should be able to do that trip in your sleep!

Well okay, I was in Oklahoma when I found it at an antique store. Think I paid $50 or $60 for mine.

Terry

Greg G.

Quote from: AE_collector on August 16, 2011, 10:47:28 AM
I have one and went to Tulsa Oklahoma from Vancouver BC to get it so you should be able to do that trip in your sleep!

Well okay, I was in Oklahoma when I found it at an antique store. Think I paid $50 or $60 for mine.

Terry

From Seattle it's about a 500 mile and over 9 hour loop through the entire state.  SE through eastern WA to The Dalles, then over to Vancouver WA to Mom's, then back up the I-5 corridor to Seattle.  Would have made a nice little road trip, but just can't swing it right now.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e