News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 73: Jade Green AE40

Started by LM Ericsson, April 09, 2012, 10:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LM Ericsson

Listed not too long ago and already almost $600!!!

> http://tinyurl.com/7gkjs4s <

S C O R E B O A R D

Sold for $1,228.00
$1299.75 - stub  (Winner!)
$1329.00 - AE_collector
$1601.50 - d_s_k
$1601.01 - HarrySmith
$1768.00 - Bushman
$1864.52 - twocvbloke
$2089.00 - TelePlay
$2150.oo - Dan
$2207.00 - Dan/Panther
$2652.07 - Russ Kirk

Regards,
-Grayson

AE_Collector

The seller is in Argentina so a bit more expensive on the shipping. The seller has been into phones for a long time though.

Not 100% certain about the wording about the handset bands and carry bar being gold plate and the fingerwheel and finger stop are polished. Makes one wonder if the latter two parts aren't gold plate but polished brass. Wrong handset cord, no rubber base gasket, a couple of little dings in the plastic but otherwise a nice looking AE 40!

Terry

LM Ericsson

Despite the condition of the phone, It still would be a great one to have in a collection anyway!!!
Regards,
-Grayson

Doug Rose

Quote from: LM Ericsson on April 10, 2012, 07:13:17 AM
Despite the condition of the phone, It still would be a great one to have in a collection anyway!!!
LM.....What is the problem with the condition? I'd sure find a spot for this beauty!....Doug
Kidphone

AE_Collector

I think that LM was responding to the small defects that I pointed out. Wrong cord, no base gasket, couple of little dings and the possible largest one, the wording potentially indicates that the dial FW and stop aren't gold plated. Hard to tell from the picture. Still, it would look nice beside my red 40. I would have enough colored 40's then to do a Christmas Avatar for the forum!

Terry

LM Ericsson

Quote from: AE_collector on April 10, 2012, 11:01:03 AM
I think that LM was responding to the small defects that I pointed out. Wrong cord, no base gasket, couple of little dings and the possible largest one, the wording potentially indicates that the dial FW and stop aren't gold plated. Hard to tell from the picture. Still, it would look nice beside my red 40. I would have enough colored 40's then to do a Christmas Avatar for the forum!

Terry
Thats right!!!
Regards,
-Grayson

Doug Rose

The dial and the bands look brass to me. Polished up pretty, but brass. Look at the carry handle, that looks gold plated. Still a beautiful phone. No cracks, shrinkage or fades in the tenite, the cords are an easily change. A new gasket can be added.  I love the old color phones. It's over a grand now, WOW!!...Doug
Kidphone

TelePlay

Is this an item worth an Auction Contest?

bingster

It is, indeed.  An excellent suggestion, TelePlay.

This is auction Contest 73!  What will be the final price on this one when all is said and done?  Get your guesses in before the auction's final day, and you could be our next contest winner!
= DARRIN =

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

HarrySmith

I think it would go a little higher if it had an Extensicord on it.

$1601.01
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

TelePlay

AE_Collector

stub

$1299. 75
                                    stub