News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Let it Snow...Let it Snow....Let it Snow ( and other weather events )

Started by Doug Rose, February 09, 2013, 08:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

19and41

I also noticed the squirrels here only only made a small and incomplete color change in their coats.  They usually go from brown to gray. 
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Fabius

Winter in retreat. Central Michigan (Canadian Lakes)
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Doug Rose

Got home from work at 4PM today...60 degrees.

Replaced my flag on the front porch. Really cool 13 colony very well made, thick cotton. Yard sale find and it has a brother for future use!

Replaced one speaker wire on the porch stereo system, wrap around porch four Bose speakers. Plugged in the receiver....Sounds great, especially with a beer....okay two! But I kept on working.

I trimmed the honeysuckle on the end of the porch that I always say I am going to do before it blooms.

Replace Solar Batteries in my garden lights.

No snow, 70s tomorrow. Just getting dark now. Spring is in the air!!!.

Time for a shower. I done good!..Doug
Kidphone

DavePEI

An interesting comparison; last year, vs. this year. March 17, 2015; March 17, 2016. Last year to this date, we had had 17 feet accumulated snowfall, and the firs photo is a photo I took out the dining room window as Linda prospected for cars. Next photo is today, no snow, but with flurries forecast for later today and a possible snow event forecast for tomorrow....
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

TelePlay

Quote from: DavePEI on March 17, 2016, 08:07:45 AM
An interesting comparison; . . .

. . . and a composite of both photos, just for fun! A reenactment this year of last year, if you will . . .   ;)

DavePEI

Quote from: TelePlay on March 17, 2016, 09:37:08 PM
Quote from: DavePEI on March 17, 2016, 08:07:45 AM
An interesting comparison; . . .

. . . and a composite of both photos, just for fun! A reenactment this year of last year, if you will . . .   ;)
Ha! I will show that to her in the morning! Linda has had flashbacks ever since that day! (really, she froze in place last March 17th, and I finally found her there today!) Hate to say it, but they are saying we may get a storm on the weekend.... Hope it is rain!
C*NET 1-651-0001

19and41

When I lived in Utah, we would get all kinds of snow.  I remember The newspaper cartoonist had a picture of 2 cars passing in opposite directions, one with the beautiful people with skis on the roof, driving to the mountains. The other had reg'lar folks driving home with snow shovels on their roof. That was the winter before the big flood in the Wasatch front.
— Arthur C. Clarke

DavePEI

Ha! Just when we thought we had it beat!
C*NET 1-651-0001

twocvbloke

I was doing some work in the garden today, was quite "warm" too (about 8° Celsius), but I did have my fire pit going to burn off some garden waste from last year to add warmth... ;D

Not really any chance of more snow this month looking at the predictions on Weather Underground, but, stranger things have happened, like the heatwave in late March 2012 which coincided with a rather large coronal mass ejection from the sun hitting this blue marble, even having snow in May one year... ;D

19and41

It was warm for about a week here, and now it is nice and sunny and in the 40's in the morning, rising to about 65 in the afternoon.  We have pollen enough to look like light snow. 
— Arthur C. Clarke

TelePlay

Woke up this morning, first mistake, opened the window curtains, second mistake, and discovered two inches of brand new fresh powder snow everywhere. Thought it  was April Fools day, third mistake. Went back to bed hopping out was a bad dream, it wasn't. High today and for the next few days is below freezing. The robins will be going hungry for a few days.

19and41

Heavy rains through here the last 2 days.  Lots of flooding across the state.  I'm thankful I live on relatively high ground.  I hope this has about finished off the pollen storms.
— Arthur C. Clarke

TelePlay

Quote from: TelePlay on April 02, 2016, 09:02:04 AM
Woke up this morning, first mistake, opened the window curtains, second mistake, and discovered two inches of brand new fresh powder snow everywhere. Thought it  was April Fools day, third mistake. Went back to bed hopping out was a bad dream, it wasn't. High today and for the next few days is below freezing. The robins will be going hungry for a few days.

Wish I had taken my camera along. Spent the night in Stevens Point. When we went to bed about 11 pm, the skies were clear, the stars bright. Woke up to find 4" on my car and the ground around it and I only had dress shoes with me (and then wet socks). All I have is this 8 am snow cover map showing the heavy dump of snow in north central Wisconsin last night.

Phonesrfun

75 and gorgeous her in SE Washington State.  Unfortunately, lots of pollen too.  Ahh Choo!

-Bill G

AE_Collector

Quote from: Phonesrfun on April 02, 2016, 10:01:23 PM
75 and gorgeous her in SE Washington State.  Unfortunately, lots of pollen too.  Ahh Choo!

I was going to mention the Pacific NorthWest weather earlier but didn't want to ruin their fun. It has been quite the week here since Easter. I like hearing the locations that hit new record highs for the same day in history. Usually a new record is set by a half degree or mabe a full degree. Two days ago we had a city set a new record high by 9 degrees...CELSIUS! (16F)

Terry