News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Green 302

Started by persido, December 22, 2014, 02:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

persido

Just finished up this restore, just in time for Christmas, kinda like a Christmas tree green.

Dan/Panther

Good job, they look good in about any color.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

dsk

JimH

Nice!  Did you paint it yourself?  Paint job looks great.

Jim
Jim H.

andre_janew

Love the dial card.  EVergreen for a green phone!  Was the card difficult to get?

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: andre_janew on December 22, 2014, 06:00:21 PM
Love the dial card.  EVergreen for a green phone!  Was the card difficult to get?
He usually makes his own cards.They look pretty good, especially on that phone!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Lewes2

Scot, is this green phone another one with polane paint? 

It looks really sharp.  Did the yellow one you had on ebay last month sell?

I owe you photos of the blue shell. 

Chuck

persido

Thanks everyone, yes Chuck the green is polane, gloss was added to the paint to give it a nice shine, cant wait to see what you did with the shell Chuck.
Andre like Christian said I make most of my dial cards, I have not been able to find an exact match for the type of font the phone company used in the name exchanges, the numbers were a lot easier to find a match. The picture of the dial card on the left is an original and the dial card on the right is a copy I made, they are not an exact match, but are close.

Phonesrfun

How do you get the perforations in the card, and what tool have you found to do the notch on the side?....or are these trade secrets?  :)
-Bill G

persido

Hey Bill, I scanned a blank card, then I just add the the text to the image, lol at times I spend more time on the dial cards than on the phone.

Scot