News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Look what I bought!!!

Started by Kenton K, July 23, 2014, 09:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenton K

Here are pictures as promised. I did polish them a tad. The beige is 55, but has 56 dial and cords, which is why they are color. Kind of matching dates? The ivory is a matching date 57. Both phones have very little fading, I think it is because they were kept in the case most of their life. The teletrainer case is pretty cool: large, well built, and I love the logos and print on the outside. One problem is the soft plastic "blisters" out where the cords were touching. And I need to replace the cord on the teletrainer.

Its kind of funny. I have a nice rose beige for my collection, but not a nice matching date black. That just shows the early state of the collection. I have most of the colors in ABS, but the soft plastics are few.

-Ken

LarryInMichigan

They look great!  I am glad that they arrived safely.

Larry

AE40FAN

WEBellSystemChristian

Just beautiful! You should be very proud of all three items you got, especially the Rose Beige!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

paul-f

It's great that they survived their extended trip in such good shape!

Let us know when you give it the "smoke test."
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

jsowers

Your phones and Teletrainer look great and were worth the long wait. Those 25' mounting cords are very rare. Not the best for a phone display because there's so much cord, but you've got them tied up well.
Jonathan

Kenton K

The waiting is the worst part. I was very scared of any injuries. They were shipped in the case, with the handset still on the cradle with some bubble wrap sandwiched between it.  They arrived OK but I wouldn't recommend it again.

And now I have a little teletrainer collection, lol. And the long cords do clutter the display, especially if it is a two layered display.

Certainly my personal find of the month.
-Kenton

And Paul, do you want any photos of the inside of the trainer for the website  while its still open?

JorgeAmely

You score well with these phones. It seems like the case was a time capsule for them.
Jorge

LarryInMichigan

I would expect that 25' rose beige cords are quite rare, so the cord itself may be worth a decent amount.  I certainly wouldn't recommend shortening it.

Larry

Kenton K

Oh no!! That's sacrilege! But I have done some stupid stuff in the past. I cut a 70's hardwired line cord to try to make it modular.  :-[

Kenton