News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Questions on installing components into a 1D2

Started by timmerk, December 05, 2019, 07:54:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timmerk

Forgive my ignorance here, but I have looked through the Coin Service Manual, but I can't find how to connect the hopper relay to the enclosure or 32C chassis. There are two wires coming from the relay, black and yellow, but not sure which one goes into which terminal on the chassis. Only one terminal is labeled: "PG". Also, do I need to have a third wire to ground the relay to the enclosure? If so, what is the "official" screw on the enclosure for grounding? Does the 32C's GND terminal need to be connected to the enclosure?

Thanks!

tallrick

Is this a Western Electric with original chassis or an aftermaket dumb chassis? The coin relay connection only matters if you are triggering it remotely. The ground terminal on mine was attached to the pedestal and nothing in the phone's housing.

timmerk

Western Electric with original chassis, and I am triggering it remotely. Right now, the hopper it holding onto coins, which makes me think I'm missing a ground.

timmerk

Nevermind! I was using the wrong two terminals. Once I plugged the yellow/black relay wires to the 32C terminals labeled yellow/black, it worked (opps!)

tallrick

I find that sometimes it just takes a detailed examination of the problem to come up with a solution. One of my phones was randomly losing the ability to collect coins, it turned out to be a spade terminal corroded where it crimps the wire. Lately it seems that few are available for help on this message board anymore.