Vacuums
0 (0%)
Other - not listed
16 (59.3%)
I do not collect anything else.
4 (14.8%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Russ Kirk

I'm always fascinated to see what other items CRPF members collect, so I created this ongoing poll.   

I included in the list all items in the off topic areas.  If there is an item you collect that is not listed in the poll please post a description and a photo of your most interesting item.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Greg G.

Vintage 78 rpm records, but I take a different approach than most collectors.  I don't look for mint-condition 78s that sell for bookoo-bucks.  I don't even seek out big band music because most of it is easily available digitized with modern equipment.  I look for vintage jazz that sounds good being played on an old Victrola, and odd-ball stuff that you can't find on the digitized market.  Even with some well-known artists, I've found one or two recordings that I can't find on CDs anywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwzFpfsXl3M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B_9nq6WTK0

I also collect Goebel Beer artifacts.  I think I've got probably about a couple dozen different artifacts, this is just a few of them.  Posting in this thread about it inspired me to check out ebay for some artifacts, I acquired a Brewster the Rooster sign.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

tallguy58

Crime comics. Here are a couple with phone tie-ins.

Cheers........Bill

Greg G.

Quote from: tallguy58 on December 11, 2013, 04:59:26 PM
Crime comics. Here are a couple with phone tie-ins.

I remember a magazine called "True Crime" or "True Detective" (or maybe both?) that were often provided as reading material in barber shops in the early to late 60s.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

jsowers

I have a collection of old radios, TVs, and typewriters in my basement and a few are upstairs. I also have a record collection upstairs. Among the miscellaneous I collect old Christmas stuff and have since I was a kid and found out about old German blown glass Christmas ornaments and how they were made. I also collect old Christmas lights, window candles and reflectors.

Here are two pictures of my Christmas tree showing the old ornaments, lights and reflectors. I haven't put up this year's tree yet, but will soon.
Jonathan

HarrySmith

Since the "others" category is leading by more than 50% right now, will we get to see a list if what they are?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Sargeguy

I collect ancient and early American coins, silver Age Marvel comics, old Moxie soda paraphernalia and probably some other things I cannot remember.  I don't collect cameras but I own 4 Nikon DSLRS and several lenses that I use for nature photography.  Here is one of my recent efforts:
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Kenton K

At one point I had over 20 typewriters. They took up so much room and family wasn't too pleased with them. I have since sold all but 2 of them. I think I switched to collecting phones because I liked the fact that telephones are easier to fix and restore. But both are mechanical, old, make great sounds and I love them both!

KK

Contempra

At one point I had about 25 old bicycles I sold tem except  a dozen of C.C.M that I keep in a basement . I have 2 typewriters one Smith Corona, and a Brother.... I had a Remington from the 20's and I sold it 6 years ago..I collect all kind of Watch. Clocks, and now the telephones since 2 years..It's enough for me. :)