News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

FOR SALE -- Wood Phone!

Started by jasondrum, September 23, 2017, 06:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jasondrum

I've tried multiple times to post this and it's not taking, so I'll try without so many attachments.  Sorry if this is the wrong place to post.

My grandfather (now passed) worked his whole life in the phone industry and collected antique wood phones.  We are clearing out his house via estate sale and a few pieces are still hanging around.  I guess if they don't sell they will be trashed, so figured I'd see if someone was interested here.

First is an empty box that's screwed shut, no markings.  The mouthpiece says Kellogg.

Second is a giant box I have no clue what it is.  Clearly has a Western Electric nameplate, a bit banged up outside, and tons of intact wiring inside.

Please let me know ASAP if you are interested in these.

Thanks.

Russ Kirk

What's your asking price?  Also,  there is a section on this forum for items that are for sale.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

jasondrum

I see that now. Guess I posted in the wrong place.

I know zero about phones and suppose I'm just looking for someone to make an honest offer.  You could tell me the box was worth 10 or 200 and I have no clue.

TelePlay

jasondrum

Quote from: TelePlay on September 23, 2017, 06:46:51 PM
Fixed

Thanks.  And I appreciate rotating the pictures.  Upright on my phone and computer, but not after posting.

Fabius

Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

HarrySmith

Quote from: Fabius on September 24, 2017, 10:02:53 AM
Where are you located?

Yes, location would be key for shipping cost. Both of those would be quite heavy to ship so that cost would have to be considered. I may be interseted in the box with the wiring iside, which might be a small switchboard.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Fabius

Looks like a test board of some type? Wire chief test cabinet?
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905