News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Phone Shows

Started by Phonesrfun, February 17, 2010, 10:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phonesrfun

I have recently posted information about telephone shows that are announcements made by both ATCA and TCI.

Please note that with the exception of the Seattle show, these are not my announcements, but I am simply passing information along to those who might be interested.

-Bill Geurts
-Bill G

teka-bb

Don't forget the Southern California show next month:

----------------------------------------
Southern California Show
Saturday, March 6, 2010

The show hours are from 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
Setup starts at 7:30 AM (Table holders only)

Placentia Presbyterian Church
849 N Bradford
Placentia, CA
Located about ½ mile east of I57, south of Yorba Linda Bl.
Take Yorba Linda offramp, east to Bradford, right ½ mile south to church, just beyond Madison.

Admission $2 - Tables $10 Payable in Advance
Mail table fee to: G. Goff, 3805 Spurr Cr, Brea, CA 92823

There will be a silent auction at 11:30 AM so bring those items you would like to donate to the clubs or sell for yourself.
For more information, contact Gary at 714 528-3561 or 714-928-6352 or email: gdgoff@gmail.com

NEW FEATURE: In keeping with our charter to educate collectors, please consider bringing one or more of your very favorite telephone items to display on special tables set aside for that purpose. We will have large cards for you to use in identifying your display item.

----------------------------------------

I've started packing, I'll be there.
=============================================
Regards,

Remco, JKL Museum of Telephony Curator

JKL Museum of Telephony: http://jklmuseum.com/
TCI Library: http://www.telephonecollectors.info/

Phonesrfun

Remco:

I posted that a few weeks ago.

I sure wish I could be there.

-Bill
-Bill G

JorgeAmely

I will be there too. Just a 60 mile drive from home.

Remco, are you bringing some European phones to show?
Jorge

teka-bb

No 3D items, but I will bring some 2D items that will hopefully be enjoyed.
Regards,

Remco, JKL Museum of Telephony Curator

JKL Museum of Telephony: http://jklmuseum.com/
TCI Library: http://www.telephonecollectors.info/

Phonesrfun

I just thought I'd mention a little something about shows.

Phone shows are a great way to increase the number of phones you have, and a way to get to know others in your area that are also into collecting phones.  Some have been doing it for a long time and some have recently started.  I have found that at a phone show, often the prices that a collector is willing to sell to another collector is by far better than you could ever hope for on e-Bay or Craig's list.  Plus, you can see it right before your eyes before you buy.  Also, if you are looking for that one particular part, someone at a show might just have one back home in the basement he or she will be willing to part with.  Another thing is that there are a LOT of collectors who are not active on the Internet who only come to sell at shows.  Take a look around at the folks on this forum, the TCI forum, and the ATCA forum.  Add them all up, and that is probably how many you don't hear from on the Internet, but still come to shows every year.

There are both large and small shows.  The larger ones tend to be in the East and Midwest.  The large ones can be a two day event held at a hotel and include a meal and a good room rate.  The smaller regional ones like the ones in the West are usually a one day or part of a day, and don't include the more convention-like activities.

Either way, they are a bargain, and a good way to get to know others that collect on a one-on-one basis, and even to meet people face to face that you have perhaps been corresponding with using the keyboard.

Tables are usually very reasonable and for those that just want to attend and not sell, the admission prices are pretty cheap. 

So, wherever you are, come to a show.  I have posted several that are announced in the ATCA and TCI newsletters.  The information can change, so you could also just visit the ATCA and TCI websites for more information.

ATCA is at  http://atcaonline.com/

and TCI is at  http://telephonecollectors.org/

Bookmark these sites, not only for show information but for all the technical information that is out there free of charge.  Others like Remco and Jim S, and others have recently been going gang-busters with technical documentation and scanning that are really adding value to the hobby.

Both TCI and ATCA are great organizations.  Speaking of which, both have their own newsletters and anyone can join their organizations if you are interested.

Cheers,

-Bill Geurts
-Bill G

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Phonesrfun on February 18, 2010, 11:02:58 PM
I just thought I'd mention a little something about shows.

Phone shows are a great way to increase the number of phones you have, and a way to get to know others in your area that are also into collecting phones.  Some have been doing it for a long time and some have recently started.  I have found that at a phone show, often the prices that a collector is willing to sell to another collector is by far better than you could ever hope for on e-Bay or Craig's list.  Plus, you can see it right before your eyes before you buy.  Also, if you are looking for that one particular part, someone at a show might just have one back home in the basement he or she will be willing to part with.  Another thing is that there are a LOT of collectors who are not active on the Internet who only come to sell at shows.  Take a look around at the folks on this forum, the TCI forum, and the ATCA forum.  Add them all up, and that is probably how many you don't hear from on the Internet, but still come to shows every year.

There are both large and small shows.  The larger ones tend to be in the East and Midwest.  The large ones can be a two day event held at a hotel and include a meal and a good room rate.  The smaller regional ones like the ones in the West are usually a one day or part of a day, and don't include the more convention-like activities.

Either way, they are a bargain, and a good way to get to know others that collect on a one-on-one basis, and even to meet people face to face that you have perhaps been corresponding with using the keyboard.

Tables are usually very reasonable and for those that just want to attend and not sell, the admission prices are pretty cheap. 

So, wherever you are, come to a show.  I have posted several that are announced in the ATCA and TCI newsletters.  The information can change, so you could also just visit the ATCA and TCI websites for more information.

ATCA is at  http://atcaonline.com/

and TCI is at  http://telephonecollectors.org/

Bookmark these sites, not only for show information but for all the technical information that is out there free of charge.  Others like Remco and Jim S, and others have recently been going gang-busters with technical documentation and scanning that are really adding value to the hobby.

Both TCI and ATCA are great organizations.  Speaking of which, both have their own newsletters and anyone can join their organizations if you are interested.

Cheers,

-Bill Geurts

Bill,
Thanks, but a Correction:
Remco is going gangbusters and hosting  pretty much all sorts of  phone documents.

I am still trying to get the scanning stuff figured out. 

I am pushing documentation. and public archives. 

I have been e-mail buddies w/ Remco for years,  as it turned out we have similar goals regarding documentation, and we are starting to join forces.

Something I would like to push for are compilation documents.  Such as  "Early 500 and 554" BSP's and photos of colored sets (and comment/observations) all combined into a PDF document. and posted on Remco's site as a collector compilation.  These compilations could be in a section called "Collector Notes".

Use them as a  baseline reference. As you find more info , submit for adding to the notes.  Before you know it ,  We have can have some great specific references. Kinda like a wiki, There used to be a telewiki, but it died. If someone wants to resurect a telephone wiki (and run it). There is probable an audience.

JMO,
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.