and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

2500 keypad wiring

Started by MaximRecoil, September 19, 2018, 02:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kleenax

Quote from: RotoTech99 on November 22, 2018, 05:46:50 PM
From, RotoTech99:

The ITT 32OPG and SC 35A3AP older tone dials did INDEED have a polarity guard circuit built into the dial.

I used to use those as replacements for WE 35 types that had unexpectedly failed; the tricky part was because each dial had a slightly different number of leads,  I had  to use trial and error to figure out the appropriate wiring to allow it to operate.

RotoTech99
And did you want to possibly SHARE that wiring schematic that you came up with??? Hmmm?  ;-)
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

RotoTech99

I don't have a schematic for the SC 35A3AP wired into a WE set right where I can find it,  I'll have to look for it,  but I do recall it's one wire less than the WE 35 dial,  and the hookup is basically the same,  except for 1 wire  which was the black dial wire...

I believe the one difference was I connected the black dial lead to (B).  if you like,  I have the diagram for the 35A3AP,  and 35A1 & 35A11 dials I can scan and send.

Rototech99

RotoTech99

Dear Maxim Recoil:

Here's the diagrams for the SC 35A1, 35A11, and 35A3AP dials... as I mentioned, the 35A3AP should wire into a WE 2500 the same as the original WE pad, except for putting the black dial lead on (B).

With the 35A1 and 35A11, you'd just have to experiment a bit.

Mostly I use the 35A11 when i'm replacing the pad in a Decotel phone such as a character set. I'll usually switch out the ATC  net. for a SC so that I can keep the wiring straight in  my mind while doing it.